13.Shy Smile

So whose here? 😄

Readers: Aarushi! 🤩

So whose ignoring the practicals, assignments and viva preparation? 🤓

Me: AARUSHI!!! 😚

*my parents and teachers shaking head in disappointment*

*meanwhile me ignoring them*: let's move ahead 🗿

DISCLAIMER: Very short update.

Raina was checking out the designes of fabrics on which they were working from few days over her laptop

Raina was checking out the designes of fabrics on which they were working from few days over her laptop. She was feeling icky from all the sweat she secreted from jogging but work calls out!

She was seating and working while her husband went inside the ensuite to get ready.

Her mind got diverted listening a click of door knob.

Craning her neck lazily she saw him walking in the room through her downcasted lashes. Looking exotic as ever in black suit piece, his taut chest clad in black linen and a dark red tie coiled around his collar.

What made her lips part, followed by a sharp intake of air, was his glistening nape and jaw.

The volatile cologne which he sprayed soon evaporated in air leaving a deep musky scent behind in the room, hovering her senses.

She looked down immediately on the screen of her laptop when she saw him turning towards her.

Her lips being tortured by light bites and warm feeling spreading on her cheeks and ears.

But again, her brown orbs trailed back towards him, seeing him walking around the room swiftly,getting his things. The long strides he took, the way his long arms stretched to take his phone. The way his lips were pressed in a straight line.

Why was she behaving like that?
The answer she knew but denied it vehemently, pushing the thoughts aside. But ruth emerged as a shy smile tugging at her lips
and her eyes going down on her fingers resting on the keyboard, particularly on the dark ruby ring which found it's permanent place around her finger from the day someone slide it in.

 But ruth emerged as a shy smile tugging at her lipsand her eyes going down on her fingers resting on the keyboard, particularly on the dark ruby ring which found it's permanent place around her finger from the day someone slide it in

Yep, the smallest update but other scenes needed time to be completed. Literally my mind is overwhelmed these days with exams and everything.

Recently one thing was going through my mind. I read few marvellous books with great story arcs and everything, the authors very well knew how to create suspense and thrill.

My question is:-
Is my book good enough?

TCP, the first part is mainly of mystery genre. It's based on Raina, her past and present.
Should I make it more hooking?

It's literally been 2 years and few days since I started writing, and I'm learning new things gradually.

Once I'm done with this book, it's going under heavy editing, like major editing.

Now tell me, where should I work more? Which part?

Should I try kindle first to check the waters?

I needed to talk it out with you all.

(Other authors maintain professionalism on watty meanwhile i don't leave a chance to rant out my issues with you all)

#AarushiAndHerStruggles

Do share your views! I'm either into self doubt or the real competition and standard of novels.

See you soon, I guess!