( 12 )

~ astraia
[ 8:04 AM ]

I'd spent a few days accompanying Levi on his target meetups, but today was a break in that strict schedule. I thought I'd naturally sleep in, however, I wake up from a sharp pain in my abdomen and lower back, to where I couldn't go back to sleep as I kept tossing and turning to try to get comfortable again. I force myself up and flip my blankets off of me when I truly wake up and realization hits me.

I run to the bathroom, but my urgency didn't matter. My period had come on and I'd already bled and stained my clothes. I press my hands on my forehead and slightly groan from the growing pain. My cycle was irregulated from the birth control, and I'd typically head to the convenience store to shoplift now, but instead, I could only go face Levi.

I take a shower and pad up a clean pair of undies for the time being before putting on a large tee and shorts. I ball the shirt in my fist down at my side as I head down the stairs after hearing Levi's voice from the kitchen. When I make it to the bottom, I see him on his cellphone, shirtless with blue, white, and gray plaid pajama pants low and loose around his hips and showing the dark gray waistband of the boxers he wore. He munched on an apple over a sheet of paper towel on the island counter and looked up at me when I made my appearance.

He then leans up off the counter and observes my getup while humming in acknowledgement to whoever he spoke to on the phone. He then brought his hand that held the apple up, placing his index finger over his lips to gesture to be silent. So I stand silently at the bottom of the stairs.

"Mm, yeah, I'm working on it. I've got my list ready... yes, it's done already." He says, "...I'm always on time. Look, I gotta go." Then he hangs up, not even giving the other line a chance to respond. He sets his apple and phone down on the counter and looks back at me, "Good morning, Astraia. You're up earlier than usual."

I nod and nervously squeeze my shirt at my sides. Shit. Why was I acting like this? It's nothing I haven't had to do before...

"Lev-" I shut up when I look up and see him approach me.

He smiles sweetly and grabs my hands from my sides to squeeze and massage them, "You look so tense. Relax."

"I started my period." I blurt out, meeting his eyes. His brows raise as he inhales.

"Oh... okay... okay," He let's go of my hands to brush one onto his neck and place the other on his hip, "None of my toys lasted this long, so you have to give me a list of everything you need."

None of his toys lasted this long? What the hell does that mean?! I know he told me about the woman from the café a few days ago, but apparently she's in a whole other category. So what about the rest, the ones like me, who had nothing to do with his type of world? I could only recall what happened in that basement, what I saw in the room full of cages. I only could assume he killed them. It sends chills down my spine and made my stomach curl like I wanted to vomit.

"You can come with me to the store-"

"No!" I blurt before inhaling sharply and trying to fix my blatant urgency with a nervous chuckle, "I just want to lie down. The pain is actually crippling. And I don't want to leak and everyone see it..."

"Oh...okay," He says. I watch him speechlessly as he walks back to the kitchen to open a drawer and pull out a pen and paper. He sets them on the island counter as he continues, "Here. Just write down what you need. I'm gonna go put some clothes on."