( 13 )

~ astraia
[ 9:32 AM ]

Levi's recognizable four knocks on the door make me roll onto my other side to face my room. I look towards the door as I hear him announce breakfast.

I get up to go open the door, seeing he's not waiting like he used to. Since our argument a few days ago, he'd stop waiting for me to answer the door, he'd stopped escorting me down to breakfast every morning. Yesterday and the day before yesterday, he actually didn't even make breakfast. He'd been busy in his room those days, letting me make whatever meals I wanted myself. I liked having the option, but the only bad thing about it is I didn't know how to cook. So it was kind of shitty.

I go to use the bathroom and brush my teeth before heading downstairs. I see Levi's making his plate by the stove. He lets me make my own plate now that I've developed a bigger appetite.

"Good morning." I say.

"Good morning, Astraia." He greets. He doesn't even look over at me, just continues setting the bacon on his large pallet.

That's another thing I noticed. He stopped calling me Angel since our argument. He finishes his plate as I approach my empty one waiting on the counter. He picks up his glass of orange juice and turns and heads to the dining room where he begins to eat.

I slowly and thoughtfully begin to make my own plate. It was... discomforting how he was behaving. Not necessarily unwelcoming, but it felt unusual. Because it was unusual. It was unusual for him not to greet me with a smile or look at me or touch me or even be around me. But I knew I shouldn't have cared. I just wondered how I could strike a nerve so deep to make him change like this. I didn't realize how sensitive he would get about the idea of opening up.

I sit down across from him in my usual seat, beginning to eat in silence with him until he eventually speaks up, continuously looking down at his food.

"Today is my deadline. So you're going somewhere tonight and I'll have to pick you up in a couple days." He informs.

"What?"

"You can't be here in the house, plus I'll be in and out of it." He answers, "So I have to take you somewhere else."

For some reason, adrenaline was kicking in and several things were starting to run through my thoughts. And my first one was the thought escape opportunity.

Well, that was before I asked where he'd be taking me...

He finally meets my eyes from across the table, answering with no amusement but no mischievous either. 

"Laura's."

[ 10:52 PM ]

I was pissed. I couldn't believe he was doing this.

I stand behind him on the doorstep as he knocks only twice on the dark brown door. I shake my head again and mumble towards the ground, "This is a bad idea."

"We already went over this." He replies slightly over his shoulder at me.

I roll my eyes and slightly shake my head. The door began to unlock and it opens to the woman from the café. Her long brown hair is in a high ponytail, and even then, her hair still topples down her back. She smiles as she answers the door, greeting us lightheartedly.