( 18 )

~ levi
[ 12:22 PM ]

I feel weight on my chest when I wake up, and I remember what it is as I open my eyes to Astraia, still fast asleep on top of me. I sigh softly before turning my head and reaching onto the coffee table for my phone.

I check the time, seeing that I'd only gotten maybe four full hours of sleep. I could feel my body craving more, but my mind immediately went back into business mode. I had shit to do.

I set my phone back on the table and look back down at Astraia. How the hell am I supposed to get from beneath her?

I wait a moment trying to figure it out before realizing I only had the option of hoping she wouldn't wake up. I slowly turn onto my left side, making her slip from on top of me and into the space between me and the couch cushions. She stirs a little but only sleeps through the movement. Then I see her face.

Her fluffy lashes flutter and makes me think she's in the middle of a dream. I wonder what she dreamt about. Better yet, I wonder why she decided to use me as a mattress when she had a entire king sized bed in the room. I feel something moving down my skin, and when I glance down at my bare chest, I notice she'd drooled onto me. I wipe it away as I softly snicker. Was I that comfortable?

I stared, hypocritically but whatever. I had so many questions. Why couldn't I move? Why didn't I want to move? I hear her quiet breathing as she seemed completely content using my bicep as a pillow. And her curly hair was big and frizzy, mostly brought up to the top of her head and flooding over my arm.

"I'll be your perfect toy..."

I look down at her arms tucked into her chest, her hands beneath her chin. And I look down at the bruise left by the investigator. How did I allow that to happen? I had noticed that I'd been being followed, so why hadn't I realized that I had led him to the house? To her? Why didn't I do something about it sooner? How could she trust me with her completely when I failed? If it had been anyone else, she could've been taken, beaten, killed. Why did she trust me, of all times? I brush my fingertips over the bruises in thought. I never really thought of myself as an over thinker, not when it came to anything outside of my work, but I simply couldn't wrap my head around it.

"Angel." I coo quietly, gently waking her up while brushing some hair out of her face. Her eyes flutter open to a tired, agitated squint. I smile at her strained expression. She groans before shutting her eyes again and tucking her face back into my arm and the couch cushions.

"You have to wake up, we have to go." I explain, sliding my arm from beneath her.

"Go whereee?"

"Back to the house." I answer as I stand from the couch, "I still have to fix up your room."

She groans and looks up at me without moving her head, "Can't I just stay here?"

"You can if you're okay with having no food til I get back."

I laugh as she grudgingly forces herself up into a sitting position. "That's what I thought."

[ 1:19 PM ]

We'd stopped by Lowe's to grab some equipment I'd need, Astraia staying close behind me as we strolled through the aisles. I rolled a cart in front of me as I leaned my folded arms over the handle and scanned the shelves.

I needed to choose the carpet and some paint to repaint the walls with, and in the paint aisle, I catch Astraia some feet behind me, observing the section of green shades. I return to her curiously, "You like the color green?"