Light

the moon is calming, it's beautiful, it's just like you. maybe that's why he wanted to stay with you even just a little bit more. 

it has been a week since he met you. in that period, Xiao got himself a good sleep schedule and a lot of rest since he already finished all his assignments.

he still remembered how he thought that you were shinier than the street light and the moon. maybe it was your smile, maybe it was your beautiful features, who knows.

he flinched as another lightning sound snapped him out of his trance. only now that he realized there are drops of water falling on him

his legs unconsciously walked faster as the wind got even stronger. Xiao could feel the rain getting a little heavier even though it's still just a drizzle

his eyes observed his surroundings and he sighed realizing that he was still so far away.

it's just a little rain. I shouldn't stop for a little rain like this

Xiao squinted his eyes at the distant sight of the park. surely he's already familiar with this place, but something just feels off to him.

there's not much difference, but he could sense that there's something's a little different. he just couldn't figure out what it is. 

Xiao clicked his tongue, giving up on trying to figure out what's different with it. he turned his head to the road in front of him, wasting no more time observing the park.

suddenly he heard a call of his name from the direction of the park. he knew it was you from your familiar voice.

unconsciously, his feet started walking in your direction. he knew he would get caught up in the rain like this, but to him, it's better than to keep walking alone in the darkness. 

the closer he gets, he realized the reason why he felt something was different from the park. turned out there's a cover on the swings. 

that's why she's here even though it's raining

Xiao smiled to himself looking at your figure waving at him. your face may not be clear to him due to the rain blurring his vision, but he just knew you were smiling.

his legs started walking slower without him realizing it and his shoulders relaxed again. now the shadows behind him didn't feel so scary anymore.

just a sight of you is more than enough to calm his irregular breathing. somehow his surroundings didn't feel as dark anymore. 

the sight of you sitting on your usual spot, swinging freely, looked brighter to him compared to all those streetlights he walked past on his way.

you turned your head from facing him and closed your eyes. your eyelids closed themselves while you waited patiently for him to reach you.

you could feel the wind every time you rock back and forth. the smell of rain hitting the ground filled your lungs every time you breathe in.

his eyes widened realizing that he made you feel bored waiting for him. Xiao picked up his pace again and started sprinting towards you.

A/N: again, I swear Xiao is not being creepy. there will be a reason