D-Day <3

A/N: I changed the clothes a bit since I might've been a little too biased. anw feel free to let your mind explore the type of clothing you'd wear yourself

Mr. Jacket Lover

8.30. P.M

xiao

??

we're meeting at 10 right?

yeah, why?

just checking
Read, 8.32

your eyes were glued to your closet, inspecting if there were any more outfits you could possibly wear other than those already splayed on your bed.

turning to your bed, you observed your first option. the classic white tank top with a knitted V-neck sweater and black leggings.

it looks good...

you moved your eyes to your next option. a thin grey hoodie topped with a denim jacket and back cargo pants. you scrunched your nose looking at it.

what if it's too extra?

your third option is a white collar shirt paired with a dark blue skirt. you didn't have to look at it for long before your brow furrowed.

you can't help but stress over your outfits since it'd be your first date with him. what if he doesn't even dress up?

you glanced at your fourth option. a maroon turtleneck along with an overall.

they don't look too bad. they probably won't match him tho...

the last one SHOULD NOT look bad. wait- what??

you frowned, remembering that you had only prepared four outfits. you scanned your room to find your roommate, Keqing, playing with her phone on the side of your bed.

"Is this your doing?" you asked her, sitting on your bed exhausted.

"yeah. I figured wearing your usual outfit should also be an option," she pointed at the outfit she chose, your favorite sweater and (whatever your type of bottom).

"I guess I'll consider it," you answered her half-assedly. it was honestly tempting. then again, it's a date so you can't dress so simply.

"Are you sure you're not going with me and the others?" her eyes stared at yours, ensuring your mind was set.

"I'm gonna have to pass this time" you answered her, averting your gaze from her.

a sigh left her mouth before she stood up from your bed, leaving you alone so you could choose your outfit for the night in peace.

on the other side, a teal-haired guy was sitting on his bed, uninterestedly staring at his housemate who was busy looking through his closet.

"Zhongli, are you not done yet?" he complained, crossing his arms in impatience.

"I still need to find a good shirt to pair with the jacket you're gonna wear," to this, Xiao only hummed in response.

it's understandable since even Xiao himself couldn't find a shirt that matches this particular jacket, the very reason he had to bother Zhongli and ask him for help.

it's a brand-new maroon jacket he bought just for this festival. Xiao might not be one for colorful clothes. nonetheless, a festival is always a chance to try new things.

"Are you sure you're not going with us?" Zhongli asked out of the blue.

"yeah, they're staying here for two days anyway." Xiao insisted, knowing this would be his first lantern festival without his best friends.

Zhongli could only sigh hearing Xiao's answer, AND because his search seemed fruitless. Zhongli straightened his back which seemed to get Xiao's attention.

"wait here," with that Zhongli left Xiao's room, going straight to his room across the hallway.

Xiao flopped down on his bed tiredly and covered his face with a pillow, tempted to just throw out his new jacket for all the hassle it has caused.

truthfully, it might not even be the jacket's fault. it's his. for some reason, he had thought dark red would suit him despite his personality.

Xiao took the pillow away from his face as Zhongli's footsteps entered the room. his eyes widened seeing Zhongli with a neatly wrapped box in his hands.

"think of it as an early present. I think this might suit your jacket"

A/N: this was totally unplanned but I kinda came to like the hc that in modern AU, Xiao LOVE jackets. simply bcs Zhongli always wear one and Xiao wants to match with him