Heather or Not?

A/N: soooo can you guess who's calling Xiao from the title??

read the other a/n, I swear I have an explanation :)

without stopping your swing, you whipped your head to see the source of the voice. there, you could see a girl with blond hair running towards you, or rather, the guy next to you.

seeing her, Xiao quickly stopped his swing. her figure sprinted towards him while she waved to him and he made himself comfortable on his swing.

without wasting any time, she took out a piece of clothing from her sling bag and handed it to him. "thanks for letting me borrow your jacket back then at the party"

"no problem, how did you know I was here?" Xiao answered her, taking his jacket from her.

"I went to your house and Zhongli told me you went out. he also said that you're probably somewhere around the neighborhood"

you couldn't help feeling like an outsider watching them interact. not to be dramatic but there was the slightest bit of pang hearing her purpose of coming here.

you felt somewhat dumb getting over the moon when he lent you his jacket and that you washed it yourself because you didn't let anyone else touch it.

so that's just what he does

you could swear the only reason you approached her out of nowhere then and there was because you didn't think at all.

"hey there, you seem quite familiar. are you Lumine? Aether's sister?" you smiled warmly at her.

her eyes widened seeing you before answering, "yeah, you're Y/n right? one of Aether's friends?"

"yep, that's me"

Lumine observed you, Xiao, and your swings all in order before asking you the ultimate question. "are you Xiao's friends?"

"I guess you can say so" you answered her question while wondering yourself. what are you to him?

"Oh, I'm in the same major as him"

waitttt

"so I heard you were at the party?" you asked her curiously.

"yup. it's such a shame you weren't there. I already told Aether to bring all his friends"

"yeah, it must've been fun to see him drunk" you indirectly pointed at Xiao.

"nope, this guy insisted on going back saying it was past midnight and stuff" she answered you almost immediately.

"Oh?" you couldn't actually make out what the feeling inside your chest was. was it relief, shock, or just pure happiness?

"why are we talking about me now?" Xiao suddenly complained, joining the conversation as he probably felt left out the way you did earlier.

"Well, because you're the only connections of the three of us here" Lumine answered him.

"what about that Aether guy?"

hearing this, it seemed like Lumine remembered something really important that she had forgotten.

"yeah, I think my brother is already waiting for me" she gestured at a figure on a motorbike just outside the park.

both you and Xiao waved her goodbye as she hurriedly go back, not wanting to be scolded by her twin brother.

"come to think of it, Lumine said you're in the same major as her. which means you're also in Liyue uni," you asked the teal-haired guy who's already enjoying the wind on his swing.

"yup. it's totally weird how we never bump into each other while our buildings are on the opposite side of uni" he answered you, closing his eyes.

ignoring his sarcasm, you laughed him off. "we should meet up inside uni sometimes"

without no one realizing it, time passed and your alarm rang indicating it was already 2 am. the time for you to go back home before getting scolded by your housemate.

standing up, you were reminded of a certain something that you still owe him, "I'll bring your jacket next time. I didn't know you'd be here so I didn't bring it"

"you can keep it. it looked good on you" it took a few seconds to process those words as your heart almost jumped out of your mouth.

you stared at his nonchalant face before thanking him and being on your way.

A/N: aight so I just wanna say that I put Lumine for the sole reason to underline Aether isn't our brother. this is the one I warned in the read first that would get weird if you put Lumine as y/n. but again, you can just change up a few bits in your mind and it'd be alright :)