Afternoon

you woke up feeling so much lighter and more energized. undeniably, the sleep you got was the best one you've had in a long time.

you carefully walked out of the comfy room you were in to see Xiao cooking something in the kitchen. you glanced at the clock to see it was already lunchtime.

you turned your head back to the teal-haired guy who was making his way towards you and glanced at the food that was already on the table.

well, isn't he fast

Xiao stopped right in front of you and you could already feel his warm knuckles against your forehead with his face close to yours, observing you. 

after waiting for a few more seconds to make sure, he exhaled with relief as he retreated his hand and stepped backward to give you some space. 

"It's a relief that your fever has gone down," he gestured for you to follow him to the table. 

you quietly ate the food he prepared. the sweetness and texture surely caught you off guard. you never thought of him as someone who would like something so sweet.

you glanced over to see him enjoying his food with relaxed expressions on his face. realizing you were looking over at him, he quickly composed himself again.

"how's the food?" 

"it's delicious. if I'm not mistaken, this is almond tofu, right?"

"yeah, it is" he answered your question. and with that, awkward silence followed.

minutes passed before another conversation flowed, "How are you feeling?" he asked you as you finished your food. 

"great. much better than yesterday" you answered him, wondering what he's up to.

he blinked a few times as if he was thinking then said, "if that's so then I guess we can go to your house right now"

he shoot you a questioning look before you answered him, "alright then"

the walk was silent. the comfortable type of silence.

that was until you arrived in front of your doorstep. you nervously knocked on the door, not even wanting to know how would your housemate respond.

a minute passed before the door creaked open revealing a displeased-looking Keqing. her eyes widened seeing you, who had been worrying her the whole morning.

"y/n. where were you? you're sick, yet you had been missing since last night. and who are you with-" before she could scold you more, you explained to her what happened.

"look, I'm sorry for making you worry. long story short, I went out to get some fresh air last night but I kinda fainted. fortunately, my friend here, Xiao, was there so he took me to his house"

after hearing your explanation, she stared at you in disbelief and inhaled, ready to scold you. but then sighed in disappointment.

she turned her head to see Xiao standing awkwardly beside you, "you know what? just get some rest or anything. and Xiao, thanks for taking care of her"

now that things are settled, Xiao made his way back to his house, completely not expecting to see his housemate's car in front of it.

his relaxed expression turned sour when he saw a very familiar ginger-haired man on his doorstep. his annoyed golden eyes met with the man's blue eyes.

his feet finally arrived in front of the doorstep. "what are you doing here?" Xiao asked Childe in a tone filled with dislike.

"Zhongli forgot something that he needed so I accompanied him in getting them. don't worry, we won't be here for too long" Childe answered him in amusement.

without saying anything anymore, Xiao walked off into his room and turned on his favorite video game to get his mood back.