Location Unknown

Xiao finished his third can of energy drink as he slumped back on his chair. the chair he had been sitting on since evening.

his eyes burned holes into the pile of paper in front of him. the very same papers his professor told his class to finish by the weekend.

a good minute passed before he finally decided to turn his head towards the clock, checking the time. a memory of you flashed in his mind realizing that it was past midnight.

not wasting any more time, Xiao jumped out of his chair and went straight to the front door. the cold wind greeted him as he had been cooped up in his room every night for a few days by now.

Xiao inhaled as much of the midnight air as he could before closing the door behind him and walked his way to the park.

you looked up to see the sky covered in clouds, blinking a few times while contemplating your life decisions, staying still on your swing, not making a noise.

it had been five days since you met Xiao. he hadn't shown up at the park after your last encounter. by this point, who wouldn't think it was your last time meeting him?

did I fuck up THAT bad???

calming yourself down, you controlled your breathing trying to forget how you feel so disappointed yourself and a little bit towards him too.

your hand reached for your tote bag and took out your notebook from it. not minding him anymore, you decided to review your materials one last time for tomorrow's quiz.

seconds passed by as you swung on your swing, feeling the wind around you with your gaze focused on your notes.

before you even realized it, you had finished reading your notes twice with your brain entirely not connected to whatever you just read.

however you tried to distract yourself, Xiao just kept coming back into your mind. he stayed in your mind like a plague, as if he lived there rent-free.

taking a deep breath, you stopped your swing and closed your notes before putting them back in your tote bag. sighing, your cupped your face in frustration.

after staying like that for you don't know how long, you could tell you were only a step away from falling asleep. thus, hearing whistles from the swing beside you was quite a surprise.

expecting it to be a random person, you carefully opened your left eye as your heartbeat increased rapidly. your tensed limbs relaxed as soon you saw Xiao sitting on his swings, seemingly bored.

you carefully straighten up your posture so that it would go unnoticed by him as you don't want to startle him the way he surprised you.

you couldn't be sure whether it was your intention or it was unintentional but you couldn't help watching him from your swing.

seems like he's getting good at being unnoticed

his hair was messy and he was only wearing a khaki-colored oversized tee paired with basketball shorts. his hands that he usually put around the swing's chains were tucked neatly inside his pockets.

light eyebags were visible under his eyes. there was barely any light in his eyes as he stared into the far distance, his golden hue looking as if he was dead.

Xiao nonchalantly turned his head toward you as if checking on you. he blinked before his eyes went wide seeing that you were looking at him too.

"you're awake?"

"yeah. I just woke up" you could swear you had to calm your heart down first before blurting out the answer to his question.

you simultaneously looked away from each other, feeling your faces getting hot from remembering the last time you met.

knowing that you need a breather, you excused yourself and went to the restroom. feeling the cold air hit your face, you looked into your reflection in the mirror.

drying your face with the napkin inside your tote bag, it seemed like you were ready to meet him again. except for the fact that he wasn't there anymore.

A/N: I'M SO SORRY IF YOU DON'T LIKE THIS KIND OF BLUSHY-BLUSHY FLUFF. but you need character development okay? :(