Whole Lotta Questions

Xiao sat on his swing in silence and so did you. none of you could care less about the comfortable silence surrounding you.
especially as you were already swinging without a care of the world.

Xiao's mind wandered as he thought of all the things that happened earlier. weirdly, he didn't feel so disturbed as he thought he would be. he didn't even get any flashbacks.

it felt as if the darkness around him couldn't even get anywhere near him. not that he wouldn't have been able to handle it, but it sure felt nice.

"you know, I thought it wasn't you" hearing this, Xiao was filled with confusion as to what you're referring to.

"the one who sat on the swing while I was asleep. I thought you wouldn't come here anymore" you quickly explained further just as though you could sense his confusion.

"Why would you think so?" hearing this, you took your sweet time thinking of what to say just for you to not find any answer to the question.

you could only laugh it off dryly, wishing he would let it pass and not even think about it. with that, another silence came as Xiao didn't push you further.

already bored of the silence, your mouth unconsciously let out a, "it's nice seeing you"

Xiao's eyes went wide for a split second hearing that before replying, "I'm glad to see you too"

you could swear your brain short-circuited hearing that. it couldn't be more visible that Xiao almost regretted his answer.

"Are you drunk again??" hearing that Xiao whipped his head towards you so fast that you could hear his neck.

"of course not."

"by the way, isn't it weird that we don't have each other's number?" 

"Why would we have to exchange numbers?" hearing this, your mind raced to find all the reasons a human could think of. 

"take earlier as an example, I could really use your number. we can also maybe chat once in a while. you also said you're not from here so just in case you go back to your hometown-"

before you could finish your rambling, he held out his hand. "what is this for?" you asked him, pointing at his hand as you had learned your lesson. 

"your phone. I'll add my number" taking out your phone, you unlocked it and handed it to him without thinking twice. 

Xiao wasted no time opening your contacts and adding his number before giving it back to you. (YES HE PROBS SAW UR WALLPAPER)

"Xiao, why are you scared of the dark?" you asked him out of nowhere.

Xiao could feel his heart drop hearing the sudden question. where does he even start? 

"it's okay you don't have to tell me," quickly rolled off your tongue after seeing him hesitating. hearing this, Xiao felt at ease knowing you won't push him. 

"let's just say  I used to get stuck inside dark places when I was younger"

you hummed along with his answer as you didn't want to pry further although you could sense that there are more to it.

"come to think of it, so you do remember about the whole lantern rite date thing?" you cautiously asked him.

"Yeah"

you gulped down your nervousness as you braced yourself for what you were about to tell him. you slowed down your swing to see him enjoying his time, "sorry" 

without even slowing down one bit, he asked you, "why?"

you took a deep breath to give yourself some courage before answering, "I shouldn't have done that. asking you while you're drunk" 

a deep silence engulfed you as Xiao closed his eyes, thinking.
"yeah. it's not so nice to use other's vulnerable state. but I don't mind"

"so.. should we meet at 10 pm tomorrow? we can grab some snacks first," not even a blink of an eye after you finished, a call of his name distracted the both of you.

A/N: hmmm I wonder who