Nostalgia

your eyes opened slowly, adjusting to the yellowish light of the room you were currently in to see Xiao was seated on a chair next to the bed you were on.

"y/n? are you alright? how are you feeling?" he questioned you concernedly.

"I'm alright Xiao, I'm feeling so much better now" you flashed him a smile.

you recalled what happened and looked around the room you were in and gave him a questioning look, which he quickly understood. 

"after you fainted, I didn't know where your house is so I brought you to mine. right now, we're in my housemate's room because of ... unwanted situations"

"ah, okay. thanks for bringing me here and sorry for the trouble"

"no problem" following that was an awkward silence.

suddenly, you were reminded of how Keqing would always finish her studies before three am and you would have to be back before then. 

"Xiao, what time is it?" you asked him in a panicked state.

"it's almost three am, why?"

"I'm feeling so much better now, can I go back right now?? my housemate would be worried if she found out" you explained to him all in one breath.

Xiao seemed to grasp your distress and observed you for a while before answering, "just stay here until morning since tomorrow is the weekend. I'll help you explain to her"

the reason I came to the park was to find comfort. now that I can't go there, it's still better than going back home.

the more you think of it, the more you wanted to stay. disregarding your worry for the outcome, your mouth opened itself and told Xiao that you accepted the offer.

your eyes traveled around the room. the room reminded you of your brother's room. the room your parents banned you from entering, the room you could never see again.

the room you missed so much.

from the color scheme, the comfort you're getting, even the berry-scented bedsheet, and the distant scent of osmanthus air freshener. 

you thought that you would never be able to see what your brother's room looks like again, but this room was almost identical.

everything reminded you of your brother. countless memories of him and the time you spent with him that you've forgotten over the years flooded your mind. 

without thinking you shot your shot, "this room is so well-organized"

"yeah, my housemate loves keeping things in place" he stated, agreeing with your statement.

"I can see that. what's his name?" you held your breath, waiting impatiently for the answer.

Xiao looked at you confusedly before answering, "Zhongli" hearing an unfamiliar name, you clenched your fist from under the blanket.

a wave of disappointment washed over you, for a second you actually thought you could get a lead to where your brother is right now.

right... there's no way he would still be in town. just like what mother always said, I'll never see him ever again. I really should stop giving myself false hopes.

"Is there anything wrong?" he asked you after realizing your facial expressions.

"no, nothing. I'm feeling a little sleepy, so I guess I'll sleep now" you dismissed him as you turned away from him.

"Alright then, I'll be right outside. if you need anything, call out my name"

you could hear his footsteps walking away from you and with the sound of the door creaking, you closed your eyes to go back to sleep.