The Race -C̲h̲a̲p̲t̲e̲r̲ 1̲-

It's race weekend!!!!

The race is at the Great Britain's circuit, Silverstone. To be honest, it's my favorite circuit of them all. Because it's where it all started. (The first Grand Prix EVER held was on 13 May 1950 at Silverstone.)

I didn't sit with my dad at the pit lane 'booths' as I usually do during races, I sat with my sister with all the other fans, on the side of the track -which honestly I come to find out- is the best place to sit. Right at the side of the track by the start/stop.

The race begins and "Lights out and away we go!!!" All the racers zoom past us and all you hear are the fans cheering and screaming. It's possibly the best feeling and sound in the world, nothing can beat it.

                            ~Skip to the last lap~

On the monitors you can see Max and Lewis's fight for 1st. One overtaking the other a couple times.

***

It's Hamilton's car that we all see in the distance, and whoosh, you see the car pass the waving checkered flag. He passes the start line and everyone cheers and screams. I'm happy for him, of course, but I kind of hoped that an underrated driver could win.

As we all, who have VIP passes, gather around the podium's stage, I can't help but smile the whole time. What a wonderful picture, a British driver winning the British Grand Prix. I look around and Andrea, my sister, is also happy, but she is looking around her a lot... probably searching for Daniel Ricciardo, her hero. "I don't think he'll be here." I say, knowing she's listening. "Bailey, I have hope." she replies. "Maybe he is back at the garage." I say, knowing that he is. "Let's go check, please?!" she said sounding quite needy. "Okay, sure. But isn't he a little too old for you?" I ask with a little giggle, teasing her, because I know that she doesn't like people saying that to her. "What ever, it's only 6 years!!" she replied snapping back. I just laugh and we walk to the pitlane, into the garage.

With 45 min. that has passed, from the last lap, we arrive at the garage and see that Daniel is indeed there. She fangirls next to me for about 40 seconds. "You've met him like a million times..." I say trying to calm her down. "I know, it's just exciting to see him every time..." she said, still blushing. "Calm down, so that we can approach him." I said and she takes a deep breath and walks up to him, greeting him and they start talking. He looks at me and waves. I wave back and walk outside of the garage...

I look around, trying to find a familiar face, other than Daniel, because this is my sister's time to shine... continuing to look around, I see one of my old friends from South Africa, Josh. I see he is talking to a couple, maybe his parents or something, I wasn't too sure. I've never seen them before in my life, that I could remember. But I also didn't wear my glasses at that time...

I approach him from behind and I whisper "Hi" in his ear (as a friendly joke to alarm him) hoping to make him jump. He did, but it triggered his fight or flight (which, in this case was fight) he punches me and then immediately turn around and checks if I'm okay. I cover my face (or more specifically, my nose) with both my hands. By this time, I didn't really see who it was, but it was definitely not Josh! He sounds confused and worried as he asks "I'm so sorry, are you okay?" the concerned tone turns into more of a defending tone.
"But... why would you walk up to me and whisper in my ear? Of course that would startle me!"
 "I thought you were my friend, you looked just like him from behind. Well...clearly you're not him!" I defended myself. I feel liquid between my fingers. I take my hands away from my nose and see that my hands are covered in blood...

He looks at me, but I just keep looking down. I start to feel light headed and my vision just starts to get a little blurry. I realize that my balance is getting worse and worse. Right before I faint I hear "She doesn't look very well...". I collapse and I feel hands catch me and then try to keep me from falling to the floor.

My consciousness came back for a few seconds and I just see him carrying me into a tent that said 'Medics'. I pass out again. I didn't know what happened while I was unconscious, but after I awoke, I'm laying on a surprisingly comfortable bed, with light grey bed sheets. I see a couple of people gathered around me. Some of them had t-shirts on that said 'Medics' and some of the faces I recognized, like my sister's and my dad's. I had enough energy to sit up straight and look around the room. I see the number 4 a lot, but then I turn my head and I also see the number 3 quite a lot. I also see a logo that looks like a fish's fin-shaped shape. Then I realized, dad's office. I tried to stand up, but as soon as I do that, rather a lot of people gather around me, like they were ready to catch me if I were to fall again. "I can stand up straight, don't worry." I said, knowing they won't all back off.

                                        ~~*~~
I really enjoyed writing this. I hope you liked it too and that you'll read further!!
If I make any mistakes, please correct me 'cause English isn't my first language.
ENJOY!!!!🤍