Chapter 29

Text message with Lando:

B- hey, I made it to the hotel and I'm going to walk out of the parking lot, to the doors.
L- Ok. I'm glad you made it safe! See you, when? Tomorrow?
B- Idk, I'll have to see how much I can pack for the flight on Thursday. But if I have spare time, the YES!
L- I hope you can pack fast!
B- Tbh, yeah. I hope I'll be done in no time. I'll even start now if I have the energy when I get to my room...
L-Great. Well, goodnight. And message me when ever you feel like it. Even if it's 2am or even if it's about something stupid!
B- Thx. Will do. Good night, talk tomorrow!!

You close the 'messages' app and walk through the entrance doors. Past the receptionist, you greet her and you start walking towards the stairs. Admiring the dark oak wood, with a lot of patterns on them and a lot of swirls. The railings being so beautiful, smooth and shiny that it gives you castle vibes. You get to the third floor and take your key card out of your pocket. You walk in the direction of your room.

You stood in front of the door and waved the key card over the sensor-thingy. The door unlocks and you walk in and with your eyes closed, you loudly sigh. You hear movement on the bed. You open your eyes and see Andrea and Daniel sitting up straight and looking at me, with eyes as big as footballs and they looked like two children who did something they weren't supposed to do... and got caught.

"Oh no. Nope. Nopety, Nope! Not getting that image out of my head!" I just keep seeing them making out. EWW!

"Bailey, please don't tell dad, he'll kill us both." Andrea said. "No, he'll kill Daniel and just give you the cold shoulder. I could live with that."
"I can't, please Bails!"
"Ok, ok. But next time I ask a favour from you, you won't say no. Because I have something against you now." I said and made an attempt of an evil laugh.
"And Daniel, please put a shirt on. It's not that there's nothing to look at, it's just I don't want to look at it!" I exclaimed as I covered my eyes dramatically.

"Thank you for not wanting to tell dad, now I won't tell him about you and Lando! Yeah, I see the way you two look at each other, all lovey-dovey!"
"Oh, thank you, I guess!?" You said, trying to make it sound like what she said, didn't faze you.

"Ok. I'm sleepy and tired may I please go to bed? And I suggest you go to yours, Danny."
"Yes ma'am!" He said and saluted like a soldier, 'ready for duty'.
He gave Andy a hug and as he passed me, he turned to give me one as well. A hug... how do I resist a hug? Even if it's from they guy who made out with my sister about like 2 minutes ago... it's still the Danny Ricc I know and love! I hug him and open the door for him. "Such a gentleman- oh, I mean gentlewoman... I guess.

"I'm going to change into my jammies the I'm going to sleep, but I have to know, did something else happen on that bed?" I asked and was kind of afraid for an answer.
"No, nothing else happened except for us making out."
"EWWW! You could have just said 'No'!"

Oh, goodness. The image is back. I can't help to think how she would react if that was Lando and I in her position and she walked in on us... of course I'm NOT going to ask her, because that means she's going to have to imagine it and think that a scenario like that is possible. And I'd prefer her not to have to encounter such a scenario!! But, it's inevitable for two lovers, isn't it?

***

"Good Night Andy."
"Good Night Bailey!"

I tried, but I couldn't sleep. I couldn't get the idea out of my head of Lando and I not being able to talk a lot after the races have started... yeah, of course we'll see each other after the races. But there won't be any more 'cuddling until 1 am' or 'talking about what we can expect in the future' or most importantly, there won't be any more 'random kisses, why? Because I can'.

Because a lot of people will be around us and I don't know if we are even going to stay in the same hotel...
Probably. But what if our rooms are very far?...What if they're not? I'm I going to distract him during his season? Am I going to ruin his and my dad's relationship if my dad finds out about us? Oh no, am I going to ruin my dad and my relationship?

All these questions and less answers. More stress and less calming.

Ok, Bailey. Just breathe. You'll be fine. You'll be fine. You hear me? You'll be fine. Just breathe!  No, I can't! I can't do this! Especially not alone...

I sit up straight as I start panicking, accidentally waking Andy up. She switches the lights on and asks. "What's wrong?"
"I can't do this!" Andy took me into her arms and I just collapsed. At this point I'm crying.
"What, Bailey? You can't do what?"
"This. This whole loving someone that may not step their foot out of that car." I started crying more and more, eventually gasping for air, between my words.
"I know, it's not easy. Believe me, I've been doing it since last season started. And yes, it is going to get tough, when you see their car spinning and turning in all directions. But that's when you trust that God is holding them in His arms. That's wat I did and look, Daniel doesn't have a scratch on him!"
"But it's hard!"
"Bailey, I know it's hard, but after the hard times, there are good times. Times when you see the person you're crying for, when his car gets out of control... when that person gets a Shoey, it feels like you won in some way. It feels like his wins are your wins and you'll realise that his losses are also your losses."
"Damn. Thank you. Andy. I love you."
"I love you too. And I know it's not going to be easy at first, but I also know that it will get better."
"I hope it does."

She kissed your head and she hugged you tighter. You also hugged her tighter. I don't know what I would do without her!