C̲h̲a̲p̲t̲e̲r̲ 9̲

"Hiii!" I said happily. "Hey... Bailey is it??" "Yeah, James. It is." I still smile as I say "Lando this is James. James this is-" "Lando, yeah I know. Who doesn't know him?!" Lando says: "I'm starting to like you, James..." he laughs and we all start to laugh that dry, friendly laugh. "I didn't know you work here." I said. "Yeah, I have 2 jobs. To pay my College bills." What year are you in now?" Lando asks. "I'm in my second year. This year." He answered. "That's fun, what are you studying?" I ask. "Engineering" "That's awesome! I'm so fascinated in engineering." I said. "I help built the MCL35M. But I want to go into F1 cars more that just HELPING to build them... if you know what I mean." "Yeah, I do." They both said at almost the same time.

***

We're sitting at a table and James hands the menus to us. "I'll give you a minute." James said and walked away. "I think I want the strawberry daiquiri." I said to Lando "I think I'll also take one of those, are they good??" He asks. "Yeah, they just have alcohol in them..." I responded. "Oh, then I'll take the mock-tale version." He said. "And for eating?" I asked. "What isn't spicy?" "Lando, seriously??" I said as I continued saying "it's a Mexican place. EVERYTHING is spicy. But you can probabaly ask for them to make it mild or not spicy..." "I'll find out. But the nachos sound delicious." "They do. But Imma take the 'hot coconut Thai chicken.' That sounds good." I said.

I make eye contact with James, to let him know that we are ready to order. He comes walking and I see someone whispering something in his ear and he's smiling/laughing at it. I didn't think much of it, probably like a Lando Norris fan or something. "You ready to order??" He asks. "Yeah, can we order our meals and drinks at the same time?" Lando asks. "Yeah, of course." He replied. "Okay, I want the Strawberry daiquiri cocktail and he want the-" "strawberry daiquiri without alcohol." He finishes. "Yeah. And for the meal, I'll take the hot coconut Thai chicken." "I'll take the nachos. But not hot, please." Lando said. "And don't worry about the drinks and meals coming out at The same time. When the drinks are done, you can bring them. Thank you." I said. "My pleasure!" James replied. He takes the menus and walks to the kitchen's window to place the order.

"So, why this place?" Lando asks. "Ha, I see, payback. I like spicy things and Mexican food, overall are usually the best." I answered. "Yeah kinda true, I'm just not that into hot things. Probably because I've never really gotten used to it as a child. Or something like that." "Oh, yeah. That's the bad thing about spicy. You have to be able to handle it." I said. "I can handle it. It's just that I'm not in the mood for it at the moment." "Yeah, sure. Okay." I said , knowing it'll kill him when people don't think what he's saying is true.

"I'll try some of your coconut, chicken-thing to prove to you." "I'll love to see that." I said "And I won't even ask for milk. Even though I LOVE milk, I won't ask for it." "Watch out, there is a big boy here." I said mocking him. We just laugh and he asks.

"So what did you mean by 'You want to do more than help building the cars'...or sum' like that??" Lando asked. "I've always been interested and fascinated by cars and how they work. And machinery is also cool to me. But I want to build my own machine, car etc. without the help of others. That'll be very cool!!" I said. "Yeah, that will! Not to change the subject, but where did you originally come from. Because I realised that you had an accent that wasn't from around here...?" "I'm from South Africa. It's a beautiful place and I hope that it'll get recognised as that more." "A South African accent. It's a really attractive accent. Remember, I'm talking about the ACCENT." "Yeah, I reckoned." "That's maybe why James is all over you." "Yeah, right." I said and rolled my eyes. "At the golf club when he called you gorgeous and here when he was so happy to see you. Did you not realise that he winked at you??" "No. I didn't." I said.

"Well he did and I know he isn't the only one who likes you..." Lando said. "What do you mean?" I asked, hoping he would say that he liked me. "You're really clueless. That table of 3 dudes right there have been staring this way since you've walked in." Lando said. "Ummm, they've been looking... at you. They're gay, my bru." I said. "No they're not!!" He said, not believing me. "Wave at them." I said. He waved at them and they started giggling and they turned away to face something or someone else. "Told you." I said.
"Well, at least if no girl likes me, I have other options!" He said laughing making sure that I knew it was a joke. "You sure do!" I said also laughing.

James comes closer to give us the drinks and he probably trips or some crap. And he spills the drinks on me. He immediately tries to get a rag or towel to help clean the mess. He rubs the table and was about to start rubbing my shirt when I stopped him. "What are you doing??" I asked. "I'm trying to help." He said. He's still trying to rub my shirt and now I've figured out what he was trying to do. Lando also realised and said "Get off of her. She doesn't like that." He said in a VERY loud and demanding manner. It was kinda scary but also hot.

"Who are you to tell me what to do?!"

                                       ~~*~~
This is starting to get exciting!!!