C̲h̲a̲p̲t̲e̲r̲ 8̲

"The milkshakes are good." He said. "Yeah, the salted caramel sound like a bomb!" I said and he just nods his head. "I love that one. It's my second favourite." He said. "What is jou favourite?" I asked, actually being curious. "Chocolate." "Chocolate?!" I ask. "But isn't that boring??" "No, it's a safe and DELICIOUS choice. You can never go wrong with chocolate." He said, while fanning himself with the menu. "You look hot!" I replied. "Thanks. I know." He chuckled while saying that. "Not what I meant..." I continued "do you want to move outside, or to where fans/air-cons are?" "Yeah, I think so." Lando replied, nodding his head. "Can we move to a table outside?" I ask the waitress. "Yeah sure. Let me show you one." She replied.

As we go to sit down, I see the lighting hitting him on just the perfect spots. He looks quite kissable in this lighting... but I'll contain myself to not do anything.

"Why this place?" I ask Lando again, since i didn't get an answer the first time. "It's like a tradition to go here after a race. My parents took me here after my first podium at around 7 years old. Since then, we made it a tradition to come here and celebrate after every Silverstone race or after any race near here." He said, looking somewhat proud and relieved to tell that story. "That's cute. Where did you get your first podium??" I ask, knowing he'll tell me a good and long story. I just want to let him speak, so that I can get to know him better.

"I was, as I said, around 7 years old. We went to a place called EMR Karting and I joined a club there. I have karted before and this will be my first time entering a real race. There were like 10 racers on the track. Not much at all. But a good start. Long story short. I got in the cart and I was really stressing and didn't know how this would end. But I had my lucky socks on and my helmet. So it couldn't go too bad. I was 7th on the grid, then we start racing and I overtake two people by the first corner. Then another two on the 5th lap. And then before the last lap ended, I've overtaken 6 people. I cross the finish line and the checkered flag is waving. I go to the "pits" we had at the track and I get out of the car. 'You are second!! Well done my boy!!!' I hear my father scream and my family cheers. That's a sound I'll never forget. So yeah, I got the 2nd place trophy and afterwards we went here to celebrate." He was very excited and couldn't stop smiling.

"That's an AWESOME story!!!" I said, matching his energy. "Thank you and I still have the trophy on my glass bookcase-thingy ma-jig." He said. "You've never seen it, right??" He continued. "No, I haven't, but I hopefully will sometime." Still smiling as I say so. "So you're planning on visiting my home soon?" He asked, in a mocking way as he lifts his eyebrows. "Yeah, maybe." I said, also mocking him. He looks confused and on edge from the fact that I said that. "I was kidding, chill!" I laugh while saying that. "Oh, ok. Thank goodness" he replied. "I haven't cleaned my house in over a week and I can't let guests see it in that state." We both laugh and he looks at the menu and starts deciding what to eat as I said "Don't look there, I know an amazing place that we can go to." "Okay, sure. Where?" He asked. "It's a surprise."

We ask for the check and the waitress comes with it. "Here let me!" He said. "Nah, it's fine. I'll take this one. You take the next one!!" I said and I give the waitress my card. "Just please add 10% tip!" I said, smiling at her. "Thank you very much!" She exclaimed and smiled at me and the at Lando.

***

We get into the car and he starts the engine. He wants to show off and he steps on the clutch and the gas at the same time. The car refs and I just start to blush a little at how he's trying to look cool.

We start driving and his phone connects to the Bluetooth and the song 'A-O-K' starts playing. He tries to turn it off. But I stopped him, before he could. "I love this song" I said and turned it louder. "I know I'll be A-O, A-O-K" I start singing and he joins in.

"Turn left in 100m. (330 feet)" the GPS lady said. "You'll see your destination on the right." She continued. "Ok. We're here." I said and he starts searching for a parking spot in the lot. "I hope you like spicy." I said. "No! You're not serious." He exclaimed. "Yeah, I am." I start to giggle.

We walk to the door of the Mexican place, Salsa and he says "You sure?" "Yeah, I LOVE spicy!!" I answered. "Great. I found another difference between us." He said. As we get onto the welcome mat, a waiter opens the door. It's James from the golf...

                                       ~~*~~
Hope you enjoyed ,as always.
Thanks for supporting me!!