Chapter 33

"Do you want to wear the karting suit?" Lando asked as we're walking into the building.
"Please, because I don't think that my leggings and hoodie will do anything if I fall..." I added with a little smile.
"Yeah, it won't do anything, you're right. But please don't plan on falling." He actually sounded quite concerned. "Aww, you care whether I fall or not." I punched his arm to indicate that I'm teasing him.
"Yeah, well who am I going to bully if you get hurt?" He asked, holding his arm, where I punched, acting as if it was sore.
"Fair."

We get to the entrance and someone, who wore a blue and neon yellow shirt with the LN logo (Lando's logo) on it, approached us. "Mr. Norris, good to see you here again! I hope the Formula 1 traveling has only done you good, well it certainly looks so." she said and started looking him up and down. She looked towards me and quickly greeted me as well "Hi" she stated more than anything else. "Goeie middag." I said in Afrikaans. (It means good day). She looked at me kind of confused.

"May I take two karts out on the track?" Lando asked. "Yeah, of course." she replied, writing something down on a paper she had in her hands. "Great, come on Babe. lets go to the changing room." He said the word 'Babe' louder than the other words. He then grabbed my hand and we went further into the building.

***

"Why did you answer her in Afrikaans?" Lando asked.
"Because I answer anyone that is a bitch towards me, in my language, because then they look confused and hopefully feel dumb."
"That's actually smart." We laughed "I might try it someday!" he added.
"So, which suit can I try on?" I asked as I point at the two suits hanging in a closet-type thing.

"Maybe this one? It's smaller." He said.
"I'll try it on, then I'll let you know."
"Where are you going?" he asked, grabbing my arm to stop me.
"To go change..." I added, not knowing what to do.
"No, just change here. You don't have to take your clothes off. You just have to take you hoodie off and since your shirt and trousers are already tight on your body, you just pull the suit over it." He explained
"Oh, makes sense now..." I said and awkwardly chuckled. He joined and laughed at my stupidity.

***

We're all suited up now and ready to race! As we're still in the changing room, I asked Lando "Lando..." I stopped. "Yeah, Bailey?!" He asked.
"I thought I'm the only one that can call you Mr. Norris and look you up and down at the same time..."
"You are. Why are you acting so weird?" He asked and has a little worried look on his face.
"Because. The girl that greeted us at the door, first of all, called you handsome. And second of all, didn't acknowledge that I may be your girlfriend..." you said, hoping he would go and... idk. Maybe talk to her?!
"Oh, really? She was flirting with me?" He asked, widening his eyes and a smile grew on his face, the more he fought about it.
"Yeah, she was flirting with you. No one just says," I started doing a bad impression of the girl, kind of mocking her "Oh, it looks like F1 has been treating you well, heheh."
"Oh, no. Don't be jealous. I'll love you and only you. Doesn't matter how much these other girls want to flirt with me." He tried to reassure you.

"Jee, thx." I said and started walking towards the door.
"Aren't you going to say you love me back?" He asked.
"Fine," I walked back to him and gave him a long hug, while saying; "I love you."
He kissed me on the head and then laid his head on my shoulder/ in my neck. He then kissed my neck as well. We brake away from the hug and I walk out of the room. As we go outside, I see no one else wearing the same karting suit as me and Lando, all their suits are white and blue. "Why are our suits different than theirs?" I whispered in his ear.
"Because both of them are mine, the one you're wearing is just smaller." He said while leaning closer to me, almost also whispering. Well, ok. I don't mind if I'm going to be 100% honest. I kinda liked it. It looked like a couple outfit.

We walked to the garage-type thing outside, where everyone was working on their karts. The same girl, as before, came to us and she asked if we were ready. "Yeah, we are." I said. She gave me a dirty look and looked at my neck, before looking at my (well, Lando's) suit. I looked at Lando and gave him the 'you also saw that, right?' look. He nodded his head before she asked me; "Do I need to explain how to drive the kart to you?"
"No, I'm okay, thx. I know how to operate a kart. I built my own one at 7 years old..." I tried to put her in her place.
"Alright. Then, Mr. Norris, you are ready to go. These two karts are ready for you two to take and hopefully not brake." She said and looked me, but just with her eyes, so that Lando (that isn't looking) couldn't see it. "Aggg, jy is maar tog onbeskof!" I said with a smile and Lando looked at me, knowing that I tried that Afrikaans trick on her again and started laughing.

"Bailey, babe. Are you ready to hit the track?" He asked and handed me a hairnet and a helmet.
"As ready as I can be!" I said with a lot of excitement.
"Great then. Let's get these karts to the starting grid, and then we can race."
"Ohhh, you're going down!" I said trying my attempt at smack talk.
"No, I'm really not." He just answered with the most confidence I've seen in a long time from him.

***

"15 laps, Ready? Go!"  I all I hear as I'm so focused on the track that is in front of me. I'm on the left side of the grid and Lando on the right side. As we pulled away, I knew why he chose the right side, because the first corner is a right-hander. He got in front of me and a stayed on his tail, for at least a few laps.I go wide and he doesn't. I almost overtook him, but he's too far away from me. I'm on the right now and the next corner is a right-hander. As the corner approaches, I see Lando getting closer. I brake very late and as I can accelerate again, I didn't see him in the corners of my eyes, does that mean I overtook him?! It does!!