Chapter 32

"And 1) neither one of you tried to deny it... 2) she stated blushing as I mentioned you two being something, 3) sorry, Lando. But no one is that excited it see you drive on the sim. 4) The flipping door was locked."
"It was stuck!"
"No, it was not." She closed, then open the door again. "See, smooth."
"Yeah, of course it's not doing it now..." you said.
"Come on, you two." She said and started giggling.

"Fine. But PLEASE don't tell my dad, or anyone for that matter. Otherwise we" I pointed with my thumb to Lando and I "are dead."
"I won't. But you just admitted to you two being an item. I. Was. Right." She laughed.
"I guess you were. You said we are allowed to leave now. May we leave, or do we have to stay here, still?" Lando asked.
"Yeah, you two can go and enjoy your time!" Charlotte started to smile as those words came out of her mouth, "But don't enjoy it too much, you two!!" She added and started laughing.
"Maybe we will. You'll know, depending on how happy we are next time you see us..." I teased and winked at Charlotte.
"No! I was kidding!"
"I wasn't." I stated and laughed as I grabbed Lando's hand and we walked past her out through the door.

"Now she's gonna think we did something the next time we see her." Lando said in a whispering voice.
"So?" I asked. "Who's she gonna tell? We made her promise that she won't speak a word of this situation."
"True, but still..."
"Fine, next time we see her, which is tonight, we won't walk in the restaurant together, nor shall we both smile as we enter the restaurant." I tried to give a solution to the problem.
"Why are we going to see her tonight?" Lando asked, starting to walk slower.
"Because we have a 'Team' outing. And I'm going with, because Father asked if I wanted to join... so I said yes."
"Join the team, or the dinner?" Lando stopped in his tracks.
"Dinner." I answered
"Oh, ok. You just gave me an idea, but I'm not gonna tell you what it is, you'll just have to trust me and be patient. Because I don't know whether it is gonna happen or not..." He said, trying to not get me all invested.
"Ok..."

We get to the stairs and I quickly let go of Lando's hand as I see my dad walking up the stairs.
"Oh, Hi. I almost bumped into you two."
"Haha, yeah. That would've not ended well, especially because of the fact that we're on the staircase." I said.
"I hope she hasn't broken anything?"
"Just a few rules... and oh, yeah a coffee mug." Lando answered and chuckled a bit as he looked at me for a half a second.
"Well a cup is replaceable. At least!" Dad chuckled.
"True, Mr. Brown."

"Well. I have to go. Meet you at the dinner tonight?" I asked.
"Yeah, that's right. Drive safely honey!" Dad said as he hugged me.
"I think I'm going home as well, maybe a little rest before the dinner is all I need. I feel pretty tired." Lando said and yawned.
"I'll walk you to the parking lot then?" I asked.
"Yeah, mate. That'll work. Goodbye Zak."
"Bye dad!"
"Chaw, you two!"

As we walk down the stairs I tried to make conversation seem like we are friends, as my dad could still hear us.

***

We get down stairs and I just asked "Mate?"
"Yeah, was I supposed to call you 'babe' in front of your dad?"
"No, but still, 'Mate'. You call Daniel and Carlos 'Mate'. What do you call Charlotte?"
"Charlotte. I call her Charlotte..."
"Oh, ok. Then next time call me by my legal name, Ms. Norris."
"Oh, I see. Ms. Norris, now?"
"Yeah well. It's not long, till my ID says that."
"Damn. Smooth!" Lando said and smiled.

As we get to the parking lot, and we almost go our separate ways to walk into the directions of our cars, Lando asked "Where do you wanna go?"  "Maybe the day bar?" I asked. "I don't drink." Lando added. "No, not to drink, but to play pool." "Oh, ok. But I think I have another idea... do you like driving fast-ish?" Lando asked and had a very cute and big smile on his face.
"Hi, I'm Bailey Brown, daughter of McLaren F1 team Chief Executive Officer. Nice to meet you." I said sarcastically and held out my hand. "Ok. I'll take that as a yes." He said and shook my hand.

"Then I'll drive in front and you can just follow me." Lando said.
"Ok, sounds like a plan, just please don't drive badly and too slow." I giggled.
"Hi, Lando Norris, Formula 1 driver." He held out his hand.
"Oh, I see how it is." I said and shook his hand.

***

"We are suppose be be there in about 5 minutes." Lando said over the Bluetooth call. "Sounds good." I replied.
"Maybe you can tell me what we're doing?" I asked.
"We are going on something some people would call... a date." He said and you could hear over the call how he smiled.
"Oh, ok. Can't wait to see what the date is going to be about!"

***

"We are here!" Lando said and drove into the parking lot. I did as well. "Oh, ok. Looks... secretive." I said, as I couldn't see anything that was going on because there was a building hiding everything on the other side away. As I shut my car's engine off, I could hear other engines. But not from the one's like cars...

I get out of my car and walk to Lando. "Where are we? I have an idea. But I'd rather you'd tell me."
"Let's see how good your hearing is. Where do you think we are?" Lando asked.
"At a karting circuit?" I asked.
"Not too bad. But we're not just at any karting circuit, we're at my karting circuit." He proudly said.
"Woah, you have a karting circuit?"
"Well, it's not my circuit. But I own the karts and they all have my branding on them, so I guess I kinda do." He bragged. But I didn't mind it tho. To be honest, it was kinda sexy seeing him be so proud of something he accomplished. (Obviously besides getting into F1...)

"Do you wanna test the track?!" I asked and smiled at him.

"Oh, it's on. You're going down!"

~~*~~

Fingers crossed you all still like the story!  Enjoy!!!