Chapter 41

~Skip to when we arrived at the airport in Budapest~

The flight was alright, nothing wonderful or exciting really happened, but there was that stereotypical kid kicking my seat most of the flight, before his mother gave him a colouring book and some pencils. I didn't see Lando at all, which devastated me at first, but then I took a nap and felt quite relaxed after.

After we arrived at the airport, I saw Lando outside of the airplane. I guess he got off of his secret jet that brought him/ the drivers and team to Budapest.

He saw me and we exchanged eye contact a few times and started smiling when we saw each other. I really hope that I am allowed to talk to him more than I think I'm allowed to...

As we walk towards the bag claiming station, I see him there, standing with Daniel. Makes sense, they are teammates, so I guess that they are going to be together a lot. I saw him standing there and decided to go to him. As I walked towards him, I see Father in the corner of my eye and I think to myself "Screw it"
I walk up to Lando and Daniel and give them hugs, but obviously Lando's was a longer hug.

"Aghhh, there is my bag, the orange and black one. The best for traveling... the McLaren themed suitcase!"  I said as I let go of the hug. I kiss Lando on the cheek and he looks at me with eyes so wide as if he saw a ghost.

"What? Your father is right there. Don't you care about his finding out abou-" Lando started, but I cut him off. "No, that's the thing, I realised that we are going to have to tell him sometime, why wait??" I said.

"I think he already knows tho." Lando said. "How?" I asked. "Well, Daniel isn't good at keeping secrets..." Lando replied.

"That little-" I started "Yeah, continue!" I heard Daniel say in a joking way, behind me. "You little, big mouth." I said and smiled at him, knowing he thought that I was about to say something else.

"Hmm, that's what I thought. And it's not my fault that you two make it kind of obvious." Daniel said as he walked towards the rotating belt with the suitcases on them. He grabbed a white and blue suitcase and sat it down on the floor.

"Maybe don't make it too obvious when you're around your father or people that'll tell him." Daniel hinted.

Lando's eyes kept following the suitcases that went in a circle. "Ahh, that's my bag." He said.

He walked to wards the belt and grabbed his bag. I look at him as he does so and I see the veins in his arms starting to look more prominent as he continues to lift the bag off of the rotating platform.

"Damn" I say under my breath, but clearly loud enough so that Lando could hear me. "Pardon?" Lando asked. "Nothing." I quickly replied.

"Why did you say 'Damn'?" He asked. "Nothing. Just the fact that you look kinda hot right now." I responded. "Yeah, I hoped you saw it. Heheh." He chuckled as he spoke.

"Do you think we are allowed to go to the hotel yet?" Lando asked. "I think we are about to go that way. I'm not sure. I'll go ask father real quick." I said to Lando. "Kk." He answered.

I walked towards my father and saw he was talking to someone. I made sure that my footsteps weren't too loud, as I approached them. 'Who is that?' I asked as I couldn't see the man's face, just the back of his head.

Blond, tall-ish, quite well built and...
A Haas shirt.
Mick Schumacher.

It looked like father had his "business face on". Why would father talk to him? Well, besides making small talk. But father isn't a really big fan of small talk with new people.

"Hello." I said, hoping the person I think is Mick, would turn around. He did. Yup! It's Mick freaking Schumacher. Son of Michael Schumacher, 7-timed world champion and all-time legend!!

"Hallo" he replied.  "This is going to sound so weird, but I'm a huge fan of-" I started but he cut me off. "My father, I know. A big fan of my father." He said.

"Yeah, but no. I meant you. Like you were the f2 champion last year and went to f1 with your talent and NOT using your father's name and that deserves respect!!" I continued "and not to mention all the potential you have and to think how wonderful you are going to be when you're in a race-winning car." I said with the biggest smile on my face.

"Awww, thank you so much. I really appreciate it." He said and opened his arms as if he was asking for permission to hug me. I gave him a hug and I felt the smiling growing on my face as I did so.

"Well, I now know that you know who this is, Bailey. But Mick, this is my daughter, Bailey. She is a huge Schumacher fan and overall has an F1 obsession. It's good you know each other now because there is a chance that you might be working together in the future." Father said.

"What do you mean?!" I asked. "Well, there might be a chance that Mick is going to take Daniel's place in the empty McLaren seat, after he (Daniel) leaves to join Mercedes. Because Bottas is going to fill Kimi's seat after he retires next year. And you might also have a job next year." Father replied.

"WHAT?!?! I'm going to work for McLaren next year????" I asked extremely excited. "You might." Father said.

"Well, I'm really excited. But I have to ask when we are going to go to the hotel, Lando has asked."

"In about 15 min." He replied. "Okay, great! Thank you!" I said as I looked at both Father and Mick. I run back to Lando and say "I might have a job with McLaren next year!! Oh and we are leaving in 15 min."

"WHAT, THAT'S GREAT!!!!" Lando said and lifted me up as he hugged me. "I know right. And thanks for helping. Hehe. Don't think I forgot about that 'friend' that needs a job and would love to work with the McLaren F1 team..." I said and hugged him tighter.

He started to chuckle and I just kissed him on the cheek...

~~*~~
Thank you all SO much for talking to me and for all the great messages!!
I'm so thankful for everyone that reads my story and sorry for not being too active, I have school, sport and a lot of test with exams coming up.

Thank you for the patience!!