Chapter 31

Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought that I would be going to McLaren HQ and not going for my dad.

As I'm driving in my car, (finally!) I don't know how I would start my conversation off, if I see my dad. Because I know that he'll ask me where I've been, I guess I'll have to lie... damn. I can tell him that I was a pt a friend's house, since we've lived here for over 4 years, he'll believe that I've made friends from high school, at least!

I can always tell him that Lando and I are a thing. No, then we'll both killed by him! Plus Lando asked me not to tell him yet. 'Yet' that means he has something in mind. Or that he's planning something...

***

I get to the HQ and I see a car that is black and has an obnoxiously loud no.4 on it. Lando's car. Luckily.

I was driving in the parking lot, trying to find a parking spot, when I finally found one. I pulled my car into it and switched my car off. I got out of the car and closed my door. I locked my car and started walking to the entrance.  Oh, wow. What a beautiful building! Yeah, I have been here before, but it just takes my breath away, every time I'm here.

I walk though the entrance and I see the back of someone's head that looks kinda familiar. Lando!
"I've been searching for you!" I said quite loudly. He turns around and has an expression on his face that said 'stop it.' Or 'not the right time.'  I just looked at him and gave him the 'what? Why?' look.  He moved his head in the direction my dad was standing. "Dad! I've been looking for you." I quickly say, hoping he didn't realize that I said it to Lando the first time. 

"Hey, honey. Where have you been?" He asked.
"At my friend's house," I looked around the room, searching for something to name her after, I did it quick enough, that dad didn't realize "Door-othy" I said.
"Why the hesitation?" He asked.
"I thought that it would be funny to look at something that sounded like her name... you get it? There's a door and her name is Dorothy...?" I said and let out a dry and forced laugh.
"Yeah, I get it. Haha. Was it fun at least?" He asked.
"Yeah, very. I got very close with him- her. I mean. Hahaha" I laughed.

"Okay, we'll anyway. That's not why I was here. I wanted to check up on you. You haven't answered any of my calls or texts and I started worrying." I said and gave my dad a hug. And as I did so, I looked at Lando in that 'I'm talking to/with you' look.
"Oh, honey. I'm fine. We had all our staff put their phones on a box, during the meeting, and they can't get it until about an hour and a half after the meeting we had this morning." He explained.
"Oh, ok. Why tho?" I asked.
"Because some of the people were on their phone during the meeting." He looked at Lando and Lando just shrugged his shoulders and said "I'm sorry. It was an important person!"

After your dad turned to face you again, Lando looked at you and nodded his head.
"Ok. Well. Is it fine if I stay here for a while and just see if I can connect with someone of the staff, or even their jobs, to find an interest for maybe a potential job?!" I asked my father, trying to cover up the real reason I want to stay.
"Oh, yeah sure. The more you get interested, the better. So stay as long as you'd like!"
"Thanks dad, I'm going to the sim room first." You said and sneaked a peak to Lando.
"Okay, Bailey. Just don't do anything I would!" He said and hugged me.
"See you soon."

You walk towards where the stairs are and hear dad say "Keep an eye on her, so that she doesn't break anything. She is REALLY clumsy!" "Yes, sir."

You stand in front of the stairs and look at them. "Maybe the elevator?" You ask yourself. "No, we need the exercise!" Yo hear a voice say. You look back and see Lando. Thank goodness because if it was someone else, you would've said something you'd regret!

"Fine" you sighed and started walking up the stairs, with Lando behind you. "Is the thing about you being on your phone in the middle of a meeting, true." "Yeah, kinda." "Was I on the other side of the screen?" I asked, hoping for a no. "Yeah, but I did say that it was someone important." He said. You reached the top floor and the sim room was just about 10 meters (32 feet) away from where you two stood now. "Follow me. You have to show me how the simulation works." You said in a Broadway voice (so, in a loud and bad acting voice.).

"Please NEVER EVER become an actress." Lando said.
"I wanted everyone to know that you were showing me how to work the sim."
"Why?" He asked as you walked into the room. You closed the door and locked it. You looked at him and slowly walked towards him... "so that no one can suspect that we are doing this." I said and kissed him.

"Oh, okay. I get it. A secret." He said as he grabbed my waist and kissed me more passionately than I kissed him. His hands move from my hips, down to my bottom. He picks me up and I just wrap my legs around his waist, kissing him. My arms are also around his neck. So I guess I'm holding onto him, like a kuala. 

Just as we're reaching the peak of our make out session, I hear someone knocking on the door.  I quickly jump off of him and show him to go sit in the sim's seat and start racing. "I'll be there now." The person tried to open the door and I just walk towards it and said "let me help. It sometimes gets stuck." I'm 'wiggling' the door, as I unlock it. So that you can't hear the lock. I open the door, after making it look like a struggle.

It's Charlotte, Charlotte Shelton. Lando's PR.. thank goodness. I absolutely love her, she is a sweetheart.

"What are you two doing?" She asked.
"Lando's showings me how to work the sim." I tried to convince her that I'm telling the truth.
"Oh, ok. That's fun. Lando, just remember you're off for the rest of the day, so you really don't have to be here."
"It kinda sounds like you're kicking me out..." Lando said.
"Yeah, I am. Go spend some time with this lovely girl at a restaurant or something." She mocked. I feel my cheeks getting red and I realize that she probably, somehow, knows about us.

"Wha- What?!" Lando tried to not look interested in me.
"Oh, come on, Lando. At least you're a better driver than actor. And I know you better than that. I know what you're thinking. An at this moment it's 'stop it' and 'scram' am I wrong?" She asked and started smiling.
"That second one is accurate..." he said and laughed.