Chapter 10

(Flashback)

"Kath is everything alright?" I ask anxiously. Her breathing is ragged and I can tell she's crying.
"Jo-jo mum and d-dad... they're in hospital..." She being to sob.
My brain went blank and came to a halt stop.
"Wh-what? H-how?" I ask trying to control the tears from falling.

Everything's gonna be alright... they'll be alright....
I keep telling myself.
"They were coming tonight to surprise you. When they were in car, a truck smash into their car. They're in bad condition. Dad was threw out of the window and mum hurted her head pretty badly and..." She being to sob again.

No, I'm thinking wrong...that can't happen...

"And what Kath?!" I scream through the speaker.
"Tell me they're both okay!" Tears being to fall down on my cheeks as I feel a burn in my chest. My heart is hurting.
"Jo-jo dad di-didn't make it. He-he died on the spot. Hi-his head was smashed brutally on the road."

I place my hand on my mouth to control my sobs.

No! Dad can't leave me like this! He can't! He promised we'll have a happy Christmas this year! He can't break the promise!

"I'm coming! I'm coming! Dad can't leave me like this!" I hung up and ran out of the house to my car.

Present

I ran out of my car. Not getting bother to park it or anything. I might look like a maniac. Running around like a psycho but I don't give a fuck right now...I run towards the entry. Looking for Kath but instead I saw Hero. I ran towards him. He look tensed.
"Where's Kath?" I grab his shoulder and ask him.
"Jo-jo calm down. Everything's gonna be alright. Just calm down." He tried to calm me but failed terribly.
"Don't fucking pity me! Just tell me where the fuck are my parents!" I scream. Getting furstrated from all this shit. Few head turned in our way but I'm too frustrated and broken to care about it. He wipe my tears and took my hands in his as he lead me to my parents.

My heart is about to burst out of my chest. It's beating so loudly that I'm sure Hero can hear it.
I feel myself getting lack of breath as I continue to cry. I place my hand on my neck and try to calm myself and take deep breath.

I'm having asthma attack. Oh god not now.... Soon I started carving for breath. My eyes filled with tears.
"Jo! Oh my god! You're having attack! I told you to calm down! Fuck!"

Hero

I push the 'G' button and the lift started going downwards. Thankfully we're only on second floor. I wrap my arms around her shoulder as she carve for breath.

"Jo..Calm down.." I being to rub her hands.
"Calm down, love..calm down.."
As the lift stop and door opened. I wrap my hands around her lower back and thighs and pick her in my arms and ran to the hospital pharmacy.

With her still in my arms. I reach the pharmacy.
"Can I get a inhaler please!" The girl standing on the other side rush off and get me a inhaler. I sat Jo on the counter and gave her the inhaler. I kept rubbing her palm. After three pumps she started calming and able to breathe again. I let a heavy sigh.

This is the worst day ever.

"You alright?" I ask. She nod her head and hum.
"I told you to calm down! Why can't you just listen to me for once?!" I groan at her.
"Why would you care? Anyway take me to my parents..." She whispered her eyes still glossy from everything that's happening in her life. I wanted to tell her that I care. I care about her and I love her. That I made a mistake I'm willing to make it right.