Chapter 34

Hero Finneas Tiffin

"Jo. Calm down. Please..."

The very minute he stepped outta the gate she's been crying non stop.

It's hurting me and breaking me to see her like this.

"How Hero? How? He was there for me when no one was! He became my rock in my worst time and I just left him without any explanation. Hurting him! He's hurting because of me! I'm such a curse! I just hurt people! I don't know anything else! I'm so worthl-"

Before she could complete it I cupped her mouth preventing her from completing her words.

"Shut up. Don't you dare say anything more about you. You're best and very generous. I know he's hurt but..."
I sigh and shake my head.

"I don't know Jo. Calling yourself worthless won't reduce his pain neither yours. It'll only cause him more pain if you'll behave like this. Please stop crying. Give him some time and then I promise I'll take you to him. To meet him. You can sit with him and talk it out with him."

I whisper looking in her beautiful glossy blue grey eyes.
I lean in closing my eyes and place a soft kiss on her forehead, lingering my lips there for more seconds than I should.

Her warm skin against my lips were trampling because of how hard she has been crying.

I gently push her shoulder on the body. Allowing her body to relax and rest. I lean in and kiss her forehead.
"Rest. Love."
I whisper against her forehead.
Soothing her air.

She reluctantly closed her eyes. My hands clutched to her chest. I could feel her ragged breathing against my hand as her chest move up and down at rapid speed.

Maybe I ruin everything but I'm selfish enough to be happy that she's mine again.
I've one more chance with her.
She's again mine.

I faintly smile at the thought and begin to get up. Not sure if she want me to sleep in the same bed as her.

Until she grasped my hand.

I turn and look at her with lovey eyes.
"You want something, darling?"
I whisper sweetly.
"Stay. I don't wanna be alone."
She mutter through her hoarse throat.

My heart skipped.

She return to her prior position like she didn't said anything. Her back facing my front while I just stood there and stare at her back. Bewildered.

Trying to decipher if it just slipped out in moment of vulnerability or she really meant it.

After contemplating for minute or so I decided I'd just lay beside her but not cross the boundaries.

So I remove my shirt and jeans. Leaving me in my boxers and dive in the bed.
Getting under the covers and making myself comfortable but something was missing.

The familiar feeling of emptiness was still there. That was until she turn her body, facing me and wrapping her arms around my torso, hiding her face in my chest.

The emptiness was cured. Was filled with the warmth of her body.

Closing my eyes, I let out the breath and allowed my body to relax against her and fall asleep.

Heaviness on my lids, made my eyes droopy which forced me to sleep.

Ansel Elgort

"Ughh"
I grunt and slowly tried to open my eyes. They feel so heavy. Looking in my surrounding I realised I'm not home and everything hit me like a wave of flood.

Josephine leaving the house. Me finding them in the backyard of his house. Me breaking our engagement and ending our relationship for her.

I sigh and rub my forehead as it's pounding.
I pick up my phone to see the time.

3:50 a.m

I sigh.

Placing the phone back in my pocket. I roar the engine and begins to drive back to the apartment.
It's hard to concentrate on road when you're heart is hurting and your eyes feels like they'll become Nigara fall any moment.

My heart feels so lonely. So empty.

Somehow I reach the apartment in one piece. Locking the door behind me I head in the apartment.
Directly opening the fridge and removing the whiskey.

I need to drown myself. I didn't thought it would be this hard to let her go. I can't live with this emptiness in my chest but I have too. For her.

Chunking swings after swings of whiskey I throw myself on the couch as my mind ram in the memory lane.
My beautiful memories with my fiancée Now ex-fiancée.

It hurts.

I don't know how I'm gonna live without her but I'll. For her, everything. Even if it means I have to live with heartbreak forever.

I threw the bottle against the wall and passed out on the couch.

A/N

I apologise for delaying the update.😞😞
I know this isn't my best work but please bear with me. 😬😧

Vote, comment, share and follow me!☺️
Stay safe and happy.
I love you. 💙💚
All the love.
Isha. 💞