Chapter 23

If you're a good friend, you'd always be there when I need you :- Halfway the world away.

Josephine Langford

My lids feel too heavy to open. I tried but squinted my eye just as fast as i open it. The brightness of the room hurt my eye.

I can hear some indistinct voice talking. I tried to comprehend furthermore my head was pounding.
I let out a groan as the pain hit hard in my head.

Ansel Elgort

"Why isn't she up yet? It's more than 3 hours!"

Doctor said she fainted due to shock then why isn't she up by now?

"Mr. Elgort, calm down. She's all right. We gave her some medication for her to rest. She was too tense. I noticed it, when I told her about Mr. Fiennes Tiffin. She'll be up soon."

Our conversation get interrupted by a groan. I snap my head towards her.

In minutes I'm by her side. I gently took her hand in mine.
"Jo?" I whisper as softly as I can.
"He-hero?" She whimper.

My smile drop along with my heart however I contain myself and smiled again.

This is not about you. It's about her. It will take time but eventually she'll love you.

I coax my heart and put a smile on my face again.

"No baby. It's Ansel not Hero."

She slowing open her eye and squinted it perhaps because of the brightness.

"How are you feeling miss Langford?"
The Doctor ask.
"Just little headache."

He smile and nod his head.
"Don't worry. You're alright. You will be able to leave by evening. Rest as much as you can. Your body and mind seem tense. Relax it. Relax yourself. Don't stress."

She slowly nod her head. The doctor left, leaving her and me, here. Alone in this room.

"Ho-how's he?"

Even at her worst, she's thinking about him.....what is it that he have and i don't?....Maybe someday she'll love me, the way she love him?.....If I'll show her how much I care for her then probably......probably she'll love me as much as I love her? I can't lose her...I don't think I'll be able to survive then.

"Ansel?"
"Huh?"
I blink my eyes, coming out of my paradise.
"How's he?"
"Uhh He-he is alright. He'll be awake in few hours, the doctor said that. Once he's awake we can meet him."

I whisper half heartedly.

"Will you take me to him? Once he's awake?"

"Shhh. You need to rest."
I place my hand on her forehead and pat her forehead softly. Encouraging her to sleep and rest.
"You didn't answer my question." She pressurized to gain the answer.

I sigh and smile at her. I place a soft kiss on her forehead.
"Alright. I'll take you to him but you have to rest now."

Her eyes, which were dull and were holding so much stress swapped away and was replaced with happiness.

She nod her head and closed her eyes.
I sigh as my heart sink at the realisation. I press my lips against her cheek and got up.

Josephine Langford

Right now all my mind can think of is him.

How is he? Is he gonna be okay? Will he ever recover? What if I have to do something i can't? Will he remember me?