Chapter 29

I still couldn't believe Chrysalis was helping us defeat Tirek, even though I had to explain the plan to her at least three times. She shook her head eachtime, saying that she knew what she was doing. I glanced at Nicodemus to make sure I was imagining this, but he just nodded knowing what I was thinking. If Chrysalis was really up for this, then it could only mean one thing... She had a crush on Tirek! MY OWN EVIL FATHER!!!

"Are you done questioning my loyalty now, Destiny Hope?" Chrysalis annoyingly asked as she uncomfortably looked at her hoof.

"Yeah, sorry your evilness, I'm just a bit stunned you would help us defeat Tirek. That's all," I continued, "mind if I ask why? It's okay if you don't want to. I understand."

"Is it not obvious already, Destiny Hope?! I thought you were smarter than that!" Chrysalis' eyes teared up and looked very glossy. Oh crap! So much for being the element of compassion, Des. The evil queen wouldn't make any sort of eye contact with the both of us, so I decided to put part one of Operation: Romeo and Juliet to good use.

"Nicodemus, go and distract Tirek and lead him towards us, but don't forget to explain the plan to my brother," I ordered.

"But what about..." I put my hoof up before he could crow any questions, and he understood what I was about to do, but didn't seem so sure. Knowing me, he took off before I could say anymore to him, although I did catch him crowing a few curse words. I turned to Chrysalis, who was still looking at the ground awkwardly, and took a deep breath and selected my words carefully.

"Look, I'm sorry if I've offended you in anyway..." Chrysalis perked up before I could finish.

"You haven't offended me in anyway, Destiny Hope, it's just that..." She hesitated, looking like she was zoning out.

"It's just that what, Chrysalis?" I questioned.

"It's just that..." She sighed deeply, "it's just that.... I've never revealed my feelings to anypony before until now." I wasn't expecting that answer from a villain like Chrysalis.

"Don't you, you know, have an army of Changelings to share your feelings with?" I asked out of curiosity.

"They wouldn't understand."

"Why?" Chrysalis looked to the ground once again. Something hit me as if I were being hit in the head by a brick.

"Oh. That's right! Changelings don't have a heart or soul. That explains one thing, but what about your feelings?" She sighed in frustration.

"Like I said! Is not obvious, your highness?!"

"Look we don't have time for this! Do you want to share your feelings or..." Again, it was as if another brick hit me behind my head as she teared and looked at in the eye.

"Wait. You have a crush on my..." Before I could finish, Tirek roared from a distance and I could spot in the distance Nicodemus, followed by Sunshine, my mom(why?!😒), and Rainbow Dash(DOUBLE WHY?!?! 😤) running for their lives towards me and Chrysalis. Crap! I didn't even do my part!!!! Nor even Chrysalis!!!!

"Quick! We we have to initiate Operation: Romeo and Juliet! Stat!" I panicked as I took my stance in front of Chrysalis, aiming my horn at her heart, "Remember, think about beauty and all that mushy gushy stuff!" She rolled her eyes and she closed her eyes. I then closed my eyes and tried not to think about my horn touching the most revolting creature, but the most beautiful creature of all time.

Focus, I thought, there's always good in a pony, even in a villain like Chrysalis. The rest of that scene was a blur, but all I remember is me creating a flash of light, Chrysalis screaming in agony, and me almost passing out if it weren't for somepony catching me. I had to blink twice to actually see who I was looking at.