Chapter 31: Part 1

"Rarity, how come I have to where a dress once again?" I asked annoyed as Rarity helped me get ready my dress for the Coronation. Me and dresses never agreed with eachother, and besides the fact I've never worn a dress before until now.

"Darling! How could you ask a thing?! Why, you're becoming a Guardian of Love and you must look... FABULOUS!!!!" Rarity stated as she finally adjusted my dress on me and took a step back. I've had my eyes closed the whole entire time, so I didn't know how it looked on me. I've seen the dress, that was all, but I was too scared to open my eyes.

"Destiny, you can open your eyes now."

"I'm scared," I replied.

"Darling, don't be silly, you look beautiful, now open your eyes." There was no arguing with Rarity, so I opened my eyes for the worst. I gasped. This is not me looking in the mirror because that pony was too beautiful to be me.

"Are you sure that's me?" I asked. Now I was really nervous. I've never had to walk down an aisle and present myself to a whole entire country before, and this is just nerve racking if I looked this awesome. The dress that was on me was a simple black dress, at first, but than Rarity added a purple sort of cape to it, and to go along with the dress was a pair of black shoes, but I couldn't believe how good I looked in it (image above).

"Darling, I'm sure that's you, and just think about how Sonic..." Rarity stopped herself before she could continue and she looked at me to make sure I was okay.

"It's... fine, Rarity. You don't have to be afraid to say Sonic Thunder's name." I sighed sadly as I looked away from the mirror and trotted to the window, seeing Sunshine and Rainbow Dash walking in the gardens, which was behind the castle in Canterlot, with Sunshine's wing on Rainbow Dash. I was still depressed about the death of my boyfriend, but Princess Celestia did honor him for sacrificing himself to save Discord from the wreath of Tirek back at the Villains Lair. When all of us ponies realized Discord was gone, mom figured that he ran off with the rest of the villains, too ashamed about the death of Sonic Thunder. I don't blame Discord, I probably would've done the samething. Rarity came to my side and led me to the bathroom.

"Lets do something about your mane," she stated as she examined my mane and tail.

"Oh no, Rarity, you've already put a dress on me..."

"Destiny, you always wear your mane in a braid. Lets leave it down for once."

"Fine, just do it already!" I closed my eyes and waited. Finally, I could feel Rarity's hooves removing the elastic, along with the tail, and fluffing up my mane and tail. I then could feel the roughness of the brush tugging at my mane and tail. It took forever, but finally it was over.

"Done... Destiny, do you seriously have to close your eyes?!"

"It gives it the element of surprise, but I'll open my eyes," I replied as I opened my eyes and stood there, looking at the mirror at the new me. I never realized how much purple and black streaks I had in my mane. My mane reached almost all the way to my hooves, which was a shocker to me.

"Rarity," I said.

"Yes."

"I don't like it..."

"I'M SORRY I TRIED MY BEST AND..."

"You didn't let me finish," I interrupted as we trotted out of the bathroom and out of my bedroom, "I don't like it... I LOVE IT!!!!!!" I hugged Rarity. She seemed hesitant at first, because of her dress, but than hugged back.

"That's what friends are for darling, now, you better head on downstairs for the Coronation, while I'll find everypony else." We released from the hug and trotted downstairs, and when we got to the bottom of the steps, we separated. I stopped infront of a set of tall doors, took a deep breath, and opened them, all the while trying not to pass-out or do anything improper. Two guards stood on duty on the other side of the long hallway that led to the Throne room, where the Coronation would take place.