Chapter 32

I laid out the stuff I was currently packing into my pack, as I got ready all at once. I did my mane and tail, and I applied some mascara, eye liner, and lip balm. Once I finished doing my makeup, I placed all my belongings from what I've collected these past two weeks. My crown, hair brush that Rarity graciously gave to me, extra elastics for my crazy mane, the book that started my adventures which Twilight gave to me, and finally the picture from last night.

The picture was of me, Sunshine, mom, Aunt Celestia (princess Celestia said we could call her aunt for now on last night), Amethyst, Nicodemus, and the rest of the mane six having a group picture. I placed that gingerly into my pack and wore my element necklace, but before I left a knock was heard at my door to my guest room.

"You may proceed with caution," I yelled at whoever was at the door as I tightened the straps of my pack on my back. The door opened, revealing mom.

"Yes, mom?" I asked as I faced her. Mom's eyes looked puffy and red from crying and she was trembling in the knees.

"Mom! Oh my Celestia sit down! You look like your about to pass out!" I went to my moms side and sat beside her on my bed. "Is something the matter?"

"No, Destiny, no not at all, its just..." she sighed as she placed her hoof around my neck, "it's just... I hadn't seen you since you were a filly, and now here you are. Becoming a young beautiful mare."

"Your point?" I asked.

"Destiny, do you truly have to leave Equestia to go back to that other dimension? You have nothing there, Des," mom huffed out as she looked into my eyes. I sighed. Sighed in grief, misery, and of pressure, because I knew this was going to kill my mom more than me.

"Mom... I know you don't want me to leave, but you know I have problems of my own I have to deal with in that other dimension and old problems to solve. You know I don't want to leave either."

"Then how come you're leaving Equestia?" Mom asked.

"Because I want to make a difference in the world, mom, and sitting here living the life of a princess isn't going to help me accomplish my goal. Besides the fact..."

"Ok ok, I get. There's no talking you out of it, but..." she calmed down a bit before magically appearing a journal in my lap, "I would like you to have this." The journal was old fashioned looking, but it had an image of my cutie mark on the front of it.

"What is it?" I questioned.

"It's a Communication Journal," mom continued, "its so that you and your brother, Lance, can write to eachother about royal business and all that important stuff. It's also a great way to get help if you ever need it or if Lance needs it." I flipped through the pages until it got to the end. I didn't know exactly how that sort of magic worked, but at least I could still keep in touch with my family. I gave mom a bear hug, in which she hesitated, but than hugged back.

"Thank you," I whispered into her ear. We released and she looked at me one last time before leaving the guest room. I quickly put the journal into my pack and left for the kitchen to get one last thing...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stepped out into the garden and headed to where the rest of the gang was. I found the ponies conversing with eachother in the middle of the gardens, but when I came everypony stopped and watched as I came forth. Pinkie Pie was the first to hug me, and I mean really hug. It felt like a two ton bear was hugging me, but the weight added on as each pony joined the group hug. I hugged all the ponies all at once and started to tear up. They all released me, but still surrounded me.

"Girls, please don't make it harder than it seems," I started to tear up even more, but I sucked up the tears and womened up.

"We will miss you, sugarcube," Applejack continued, "and never forget us! You hear!"