Chapter 31: part 2

"We are all gathered here today to present to you all the Guardians of love," Princess Celestia continued as she motioned mom to get the two crowns from the top of the alter, "these two siblings have proven themselves in the mist of battle what the power of love can do and deserve greatly to guard the power of love." Princess Celestia than levitated the first crown, which looked similar to what a normal prince would wear, and placed it gently on top of Sunshine's head.

"Prince Sunshine Nightwalk, I hereby declare you a Guardian of Love, do you except?" Celestia asked.

"I accept," he stated as he bowed and waited. Princess Celestia than, using her horn, placed it gently on top of Sunshine's shoulders on either side. After that, she than moved on to me, which I was shaking pretty badly under all this attention, and levitated my crown on top of my head.

"Princess Destiny Hope," I stiffened at the mention of princess because I would never be a princess, "I hereby declare you a guardian of love, do you except?" I looked Celestia in the eye.

"I accept," I replied as I bowed and waited. Princess Celestia than did the same as she did to Sunshine with me, with placing her horn on either side of my shoulder. She than commanded us both to rise from bowing and we both turned around and faced the crowd.

"I hereby declare Prince Sunshine Nightwalk and Princess," I got agitated by that word once again, "Destiny Hope as official Guardians of Love." The crowd went wild, especially my friends, but than mom stepped forward and cleared her throat.

"Sunshine Nightwalk and Destiny Hope, you each will guard half a kingdom," mom continued, "Sunshine Nightwalk will guard Equestia, while Destiny Hope... will guard the... other dimension." Either I heard gasps or cheers. Some of the crowd disagreed while the rest seemed impressed, but as far as that, the Coronation ended and I was an official Guardian of love.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stood awkwardly in the corner of the ballroom as everypony in the room partied like never before. Fluttershy, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Sunshine, and Rarity were dancing in the center of the dance floor, while Twilight and Amethyst were at Celestia's side, arguing who was her best pupil. Another pony, by the name of DJ Pon3, was manning the Turntable, which set off blaring music that could easily make you deaf. I was never fond of dancing, or even socializing with others due to my awkwardness. I COULDN'T EVEN DANCE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!

Pinkie planned this party from the start of when I came to PonyVille, and here it was. She called it her "duel party" for some reason, but all well. I leaned against the wall of the corner as everypony socialized and had fun, but than Pinkie noticed I was in the corner. Crap... So much for laying low. Pinkie than did something unexpected, like always, where she pretended she was swinging an imaginary rope and lassoing me. I shook my head no, but she wouldn't take no for an answer. Instead Pinkie started to pretend to pull me into the dance floor, and I had no choice but to follow her lead.

I rolled my eyes and followed her lead. Eachtime she tugged, I hopped and finally made it to where all my friends and brother were, which was in the middle of the dance floor, but than they all started to make a circle around me. Stuff and fluff... I huffed, but than smiled my goofy smile and started dancing like crazy.

"Come on, Des, I bet you can do better than that!" Applejack screamed over the pounding music.

"CHALLENGE EXCEPTED!" I shouted as I got into position to do a random dance move I saw in a movie once. Break dancing! I don't know how I did it, but I did it. I was dancing like a hip-hopper, and everypony cheered. I finished by doing a flip and landed infront of Applejack, who seemed impressed.

"Impressive, Des, but can ya do this?" Applejack than did a bunch of turns and landed on her head, but to show off, she started to twist and spin. I was impressed, but she didn't know I had a couple of tricks up my sleeves. Applejack than stood up and saw my smile.