Chapter 3

Chapter 3

All the Jackson kids, from Rebbie to Janet, are sitting in my living room.

Plus Katherine. And Joseph.

Plus Michael's gaze is still on me.

I very slowly close the door behind me, and they all turn to look at me.

I give them a small, nervous wave. "Hi, everyone."

"Aniko!!" LaToya, who was closest to me as kids, runs up to me.

I grin and politely stop her from hugging me. "You don't want to do that. I just went for a run and I'm all sweaty," I giggle.

She smirks at me. "Once you get freshened up, I get to hug you first."

"Promise. I'll be back soon," I tell them before jetting for the staircase.

I close my eyes and reopen them once I get to my bedroom and lock the door.

I can't get Michael out of my head, and his gaze on me.

I breathe out and undress, quickly making my way to the bathroom.

-

I descend the stairs in bell bottoms and a sweater. Right when I do, LaToya grabs me in for a hug.

"I missed you so much Aniko," She says.

"I missed you too Toya," I smile as we pull away, and then hug the rest of my family before noticing Michael's absence.

"Where's Michael?" I ask them.

Marlon shrugs. "He might be with Yani."

I roll my eyes the instant he utters her name.

My blood just boils thinking about her. You would think that my family would be extremely tight-knit, but no. Absolutely not.

Yani is my sister. My not just annoying, but evil little sister. She truly hates me. Sometimes it breaks my heart.

It's completely obvious that she has a huge crush on Michael. I never used to care but know I do, and I'm not sure why.

Well yes, I am sure.

I unclench my jaw and then my mother walks into the living room.

"Good evening mother," I peck her on the cheek.

"Good evening Aniko. Do you mind helping in the kitchen?"

"No, ma'am."

I excuse myself from our guests and make my way to the kitchen, where I find my father.

"Good evening daddy." I peck him on the cheek, the same way I did with mother.

He looks up from his bible and gives me a smile. "Welcome back Aniko. How was your first day?"

I shrug. "It wasn't bad. Huge surprise of seeing the Jacksons back in town."

He nods slowly. "Yes. They're your childhood friends after all."

I start preparing the food for him and helping my mother with our guests.

I chop vegetables and boil some potatoes.

My mind keeps going back to that perfect, afro-headed kid.

"Excuse me, mother. I'll be back soon."

"Sure, honey."

I leave the kitchen and go upstairs. Michael has been in my head for the whole day. I've got to find him.

Just as I make it to the top of the stairs, we almost ran into each other.

"Sorry," I say, flustered.

"You're fine." He smiles. "So, what happened to giving me a tour of the school?"

"Oh," I feel my cheeks reddening. "I'm so sorry. I just, I forgot to."

"Promise you will tomorrow."

"Okay," I give a little smile.

For the next few seconds, he stares at me.

"What?" I ask, putting my hands in my pockets.

"Why'd you come up here?"

To find you.

"Because I need something from my room."

"What is it?" He asks me.

"Just, something."

I ignore the smirk on his face and walk around him to my bedroom.

I close the door and collapse on my bed, thoughts swimming in my mind.

I jump up when I feel the bed sinking next to me. I didn't even hear the door open.

"Were you always this annoying?" I mutter.

"I want to know what's going on Ani," he says softly. My heart flutters at the nickname. He always seems to know exactly what to say.

"Nothing. Really." I give him my dishonest answer but of course he doesn't go away.

He gives me a serious look, and I know that I'm not fooling him.

"I've just been thinking about a lot of stuff," I mutter.

"Is one of the things me?"

I sigh and look into his beautiful brown eyes.

"You are so gorgeous," He whispers as he pulls me closer to him by my waist.

I close my eyes, my lips shaky. I know we're extremely close because I can feel his warm breath on my top lip.

My heart is turning violently inside of my chest.

Is he really going to kiss me?

Just then, the door swings open.

"Oh wow, you are such a bitch!"

Once I hear that, my heart sinks.

--

Chapter 3

So Yani is a little heartless, you'll see...
Thoughts? I'm really excited about this book! Also, Chanel Iman plays Aniko.

Vote

Comment

Share

~Joy ✌️