Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I wake up the next morning thinking about last night. He finally kissed me.

The best kiss that I've ever shared. So passionate and sweet. I'm glad it's me who got to experience those soft lips against mine.

I've had a few casual kisses here and there, but last night's tops them all.

I breathe in and get out of bed with a smile.

And to think he's liked me for years but I've never thought more of it than a childhood crush.

He obviously hasn't gotten over it. Thank goodness. It would break me to see him with someone else.

I step into the shower and wash my body.

I only hope that Yani doesn't find out about the kiss.

She would strangle me and that's no exaggeration. She practically would.

I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.

"Well this hair is staying down today."

I start dressing up into simple jeans and a knit top.

I put on sandals, and it's then I realize I forgot to go to Cera's and grab my things from her yesterday.

I pack my sports duffle bag for track practice, then quickly look over at my alarm clock. School starts in ten minutes.

"Shooot." I mutter, slinging the bag over my shoulder, hurrying downstairs. "Looks like I'll be late on the second day."

I say good morning to my parents quickly, who are eating breakfast in the kitchen.

They greet me back while Yani scowls at me behind them.

She's still mad at me? Fuck it, I don't have time for this. She can find her own way to school.

It's not even like Michael would want such a bitter person like her.

Right when I open the door to leave, Cera is standing there with my things in her hands.

"Thank Jesus!" I pull her into a hug and put my backpack on my back.

"You're welcome, bitch." She smiles and we hop into her car, a Ford Cortina.

As she drives, we start chatting before she suddenly looks at me.

"Uh, what?" I frown.

"Did something happen last night?" She asks.

I stay silent.

"Aniko!? Girl you better spill," She exclaims.

"Michael kissed me!" I blurt before I can stop myself.

"Ohh my god! All the girls at school are going to hateee you."

I giggle, "He's a damn good kisser too." I say as we pull into the student parking lot.

"Well you better enjoy him Ani." She grins.

We get out of the car as the second bell rings. Yep, we're definitely late. No point in rushing.

We walk to our lockers and through the hallways to get to our first period.

I open the door and walk in as Cera follows me. "Is there a reason you two are late?" The teacher asks.

I shrug and slide into my seat as Cera does the same in front of me. "Traffic."

Our teacher gives me a look before the lecture continues.

I feel a tap on my shoulder and turn around.

"Really Ani, traffic?" Michael smiles.

I giggle and shake my head. "Whatever!"

Since we were late, first period ends in no time and Michael says he'll walk me to my next class.

"I've got a better idea," I smile as I close my locker. I turn to him. "How do you feel about skipping class?"

"Why?" He says nervously.

"To give you a tour, duh!" I smile.

"Skipping class? Umm.."

"You don't have to." I cross my arms. "It's okay if you're scared."

"I'm not scared," He says.

"Mhmm," I turn to go to class.

He grabs hold of my arm. "Ani wait.. I'll come with you."

I smile, "You sure?"

He nods. "Let's start the tour."

And that was the start to the hour of fun and mischief. Running down the halls after knocking on classroom doors, hiding from teachers and admins, stopping to breathe in the freshly cut grass of the football field.

"How was that for a tour Jackson?"

He chuckles as he holds the door open for me. "It was great. I think you've gotten crazier."

I raise my eyebrow as we walk back into the hallway. "Excuse me? I ain't crazy!"

"Ani--"

"Nope, I don't want to hear it Michael," I cross my arms and turn on my heel dramatically, quickly striding further down the hall.

I then hear Michael's quick footsteps behind me. I turn around to see him running toward me. I squeal and start to pick up my pace but he catches me around my waist.

"You can't run away," He laughs.

"Oh whatever. I can burn you on the track though." I smirk.

He turns me around in his arms and I look into those brown eyes for almost a minute.

I look down and clear my throat. "Well, it's almost passing time."

Michael nods. "Yeah." But he doesn't let go of my waist.

Instead, he inches his head down toward mine. My heart burns and I ache to feel his perfect lips.

I close my eyes and place my hands on his shoulders.

He's so close to me, I can feel him--

"You two!"

Of course, something, or someone, had to interrupt us.

I sigh and pull away reluctantly, meeting the eyes of Principal Allan, and none other than Yani Day standing right next to him.

--

Chapter 5

Vote

Comment

Share

~Joy ✌️