Chapter 11

Rose waves goodbye to her friends as she walks down the crowded hallway

Rose waves goodbye to her friends as she walks down the crowded hallway. She looks around when she suddenly bumped someone causing for her to fall instead someone caught her. She looks up to see a boy as he pulls her up and shyly scratches the back of his head.

"S-Sorry. Uh." He stutters as he kneels and starts grabbing his things as she does the same.

"It's okay, I wasn't looking either." Rose smiles as he looks at her and blushes a bit.

"My name is Rosalina Mikaelson, Rose for short. You are?"
"I-Isaac. Isaac Lahey." He replies as they stood up and Isaac handed her some of her things as he fixes the strap of his bag from his shoulder.

"Nice to meet you. Are you new around here?"
"N-Not really." He mutters and Rose notices a bruise on his cheek.

"What happened here?" She reaches to touch his cheek, but he backs away immediately.

"I need to go." He leaves immediately putting his grey hood on and dodging everyone. Rose watches him disappear to the crowd before biting her bottom lip and walked the opposite way.

She enters her classroom and sat down to her usual seat before noticing something on her books. It was a notebook that is decorated with some stickers at the front and she knew it didn't belong to him.

She opens the notebook out of curiosity and saw beautiful pictures of scenery and landscapes. She smiles immediately seeing it looking peaceful as she scans her eyes through the pages. The bell rang as she closes the notebook and hide it in her bag as the students pile in the class.

After almost an hour in class, the bell rang and everyone got up and ready to leave. Rose grabs her things and got out to look for Isaac. She looks at the crowded hallway hoping to find him when she saw the familiar grey hoodie and immediately followed him.

"Isaac!" She calls causing for the boy to turn to look at her and stop as she stops in front of him.

"Look, I didn't mean to okay! Please just leave me alone." He tells her and she takes out his notebook and handed it to him.

"I think this is yours." He looks at his notebook and looks back at her.

"Th-Thanks." He says blushing a bit as he held onto it tightly and she smiles.

"I'm sorry about taking a little peak inside. The landscapes are really beautiful. I'm curious on what kind of color you'll use for them." She says as he stares at her before looking at his feet.

"I-I don't know."
"You can just warm colors. You know, red, orange. Those kinds. Anyways I have to get to class. See you!" Rose waves and leaves as he stood there in the hallway this time watching her disappear in the crowd.

He opens his notebook looking through the pages before noticing a new sketch was made on one of the pages. It was beautiful drawing of a woman with a hummingbird. He couldn't help, but smile as he stares at the drawing before heading to his next class.

——Lunch

Rose walks towards Scott and Stile's table in the cafeteria and sat with them.

"Hey guys."
"Hey. You aren't sitting with them?" Scott questions pointing towards Lydia and the others.

"Not today." She smiles as they nodded and began talking about homework while Stiles ask mostly about questions.

"Stiles you know she can't tell you most of them right?" Scott looks at his best friend who shuts up.

"Oh...yeah. Right. Sorry."
"No worries, it's just they are private and I don't want to risk my family getting hurt even if they are originals." She shrugs as she eats her food.

"H-Hey." They heard and looked to see Isaac.

"Hey Isaac! Wanna join us?"
"Not really hungry. I cam because um...I wanna thank you with the uh drawing. It's really beautiful." He shyly says and she smiles as she blushes softly.

"Thanks, my dad does landscaping paintings and sketches which he taught me about it when I was a kid."
"Oh, that's uh cool. Thank you again." He smiles and turns around.

"Wait Isaac." Rose got up as he looks at her. She handed him a small box which he took and gave her a confused look.

"I was gonna eat it as a dessert for my lunch, but I figured that you can have it. Hope you like it." She tells him smiling and Isaac felt his heart pumping hard as he looks at the gift.

"Looks like you have a little competition." Stiles says as he turns to Scott seeing him with a deadly glare towards Isaac.

"Scott?" He questions and Scott closes his eyes as he tries to calm down. Rose sat back down with them as she looks at Scott.

"Hey, you okay?" She grabs his hand causing for him to open his eyes and looks at her and nodded.

"Y-Yeah. Just a headache." He lies and Stiles shook his head as Rose nodded and continue eating. Scott watches Isaac leave the cafeteria in a hurry before sighing deeply.

Isaac sat alone underneath the bleachers as he held on the small box before opening it. He stares at the delicious treat in front of him as he takes the fork that is attached to the box cover and began to eat.

The sweetness of the cheesecake melted on his tongue as he smiles to himself and kept eating. He puts the small box beside him and grabs his notebook and opened to a new page. He thinks of something before he starts sketching his inspiration.