Chapter 21

Rosalina sat in her room while she reads her book in silence. She hears a soft knock at her door and looks up to see Derek.

"Hey." She smiles closing her book as Derek walks in and looks around.

"What's up?"
"I want to know more about your family."
"Well, you are asking the wrong person."
"Why?"
"My dad, uncles, and aunts as well as my grandpa have different story and different perspectives. You can try asking them about our family history."
"And you really think they'll let me hear it?"
"No, considering you might use their past to your advantage which is why I also can't. Besides, if we have asked about yours, you won't answer us truthfully." She tells him as he shook his head, impressed with her words.

"So, have they given you a verdict of going home?"
"No, they haven't. They needed information about that werewolf and I can't give them anything...well couldn't since I also don't know who it is. It's probably another one in a pack or someone alone." Derek took a seat on her chair as she nodded her head.

"What about your family? Wouldn't they be worried about you."
"No. They won't. Cause I don't have anyone, but my Uncle."
"Where is he now?" She stares at him as he looks out the window in silence before looking back at her.

"Sorry, didn't mean to ask personal questions." She clears her throat and looks away.

"His in the hospital. He needed special care after...my family were burned from a house fire."
"I'm sorry to hear that." She stood up and hugged him shocking Derek from her affection. She pulls away after realizing what she did.

"That was out of line I am so sor-"
"No, No it's okay. It was...nice and thoughtful." He smiles up to her which she smiles back.

"Thought we told you that her room is forbidden." Bonnie tells Derek who sat up from his seat and looked at her.

"We were talking."
"Not in her room. There's a perfectly good looking couch downstairs." She motions and he walks out of the room as Bonnie watches him before turning to look at Rose.

"Now, I don't want to say anything, but don't you think his a little too old for you."
"His just a friend, Auntie. Nothing more. Like an older brother kinda like Marcel."
"Hm, well don't add another one, the Mikaelson family is already messed up as it is." Bonnie jokes making her giggle.

"Just don't let anymore boys come in here."
"Will do." She smiles and Bonnie nodded before leaving.

After a hours, Rose walked downstairs to the kitchen to see Freya looking at photo albums of her family.

"Auntie Freya, hi." She smiles and Freya looks up at her.

"Hello Rose, you have grown to be wonderful that these pictures do not convey justice to your beauty." She jokingly say making her smile and sat next to her as Freya moved the album closer to her.

"Who took these photos?"
"Dad did."
"His wonderful man with many talents. Although according to your Uncle Finn, he was the worse after our father hunted them down and before he met you. You changed him which I am grateful for."
"I have a question, what happened to you? Why weren't you with our family."
"I was abducted by...my mother's sister Dahlia. She kept me years and I tried many times to leave, but...to no avail." Freya sighs as Rosalina holds her tightly.

"I'm sorry you went through that."
"It's alright. If I wasn't with her, I wouldn't have known more spells and magic to possibly help you all. I can also see how our family grows bigger and bigger." She tells her making her nod.

"About those boys Scott, Stiles, Derek, and Isaac. What are they to you?"
"Well, Scott and Isaac like me and they...both had a fight because of me. Derek is well...a friend that is curious about our family and Stiles is also a friend, but his human and smart." She tells her as Freya hums nodding her head.

"I see. This Derek guy. Is he...seeing someone?" Freya whispers as Rose shrugs giggling.

"Why interested?"
"Don't be absurd." Freya scoffs, but couldn't keep a blush from revealing.

"I don't know. You might have to ask him that question."
"Ask who?" Finn walks in to see them.

"Ask you about your life brother." Freya changes her subject as Rose smiled and got up to hug her and Finn before leaving the two alone. She went upstairs and into the art room to see her father looking through some sketches.

"Hi, dad." She greeted him, but he didn't reply to her. Knowing that she had disappointed him she sighs and walks up to him.

"I'm sorry that I sneaked out at night. I know that it was wrong of me and I know the consequences of doing it."
"Yet you still went out." He tells her as she gulps and looks down at her fingers and Klaus sighs looking at her.

"Come here." He opens his arms as she immediately hugged him without hesitation making him chuckle and hold her.

"I'm so so sorry."
"Shhh, it's okay. Please, don't ever do such thing again. This world...it is still unknown to us. We may have lived for too long, but everything new will turn up and last night, I had feared I would not see you again."
"I won't. I promise." She whispers and he kisses her head smiling.

"Go on." He tells her and she nodded smiling before leaving the room and closing the door.

"Did he forgive you?" Isaac ask as he sat beside the door.

"Yeah."
"His a good dad. Better than mine. Knowing if I do that... I'll probably be in the freezer." Isaac tells her as kneels in of him and hugs him to comfort him.

"Do you...miss him?"
"Kinda. He always been like that. He would only target my mom at first and then sometimes me, but once mom left...he turned to me instead." He sighs as he hugged himself further remembering every single cruel detail of what his father did to him.

"I just hope that maybe...maybe one day. He'll change, you know? Become a better man? A better dad. A dad I can run up to and tell him what happened and tell him the kids that pushed me down the slide when I was young and not him calling me worthless, coward for not fighting back." Isaac's eyes waters as he couldn't hold in his sobs. He turns and held onto Rose as she held him tight.

"I just hope...that maybe...can finally see what he did." Klaus walks out the room startling the two as they pulled away and they both stood up as he wipes his tears away.

"S-Sorry, Sir. I didn't mean to be loud and-" He was cut off when Klaus pulled him into a hug. Tears also streaming down his eyes as he pats Isaac's back.

"It's fine." He assures her as Isaac couldn't help but cry again, this time happily as he held onto Klaus like a scared child.