'Grab the Ben&Jerry's and put in The Notebook' - Chapter Twenty-three

Danny's POV

After the Winter Fair meeting I ran out the room quickly and went straight back to the dorm. I couldn't deal with seeing Jess much longer; she'd looked so good. I knew if I'd stayed to chat with her I only would've done something stupid like kissed her - and then I would've embarrassed myself again.

I hadn't been in the room long when Jack came in.

"Hey dude - you legged it out of there so quick, what's up?"

"Needed to take a dump," I lied. "How come you're back so quick? Thought you'd be with Rachel."

"You and me both." He sat down crosslegged on his bed. "She's with Jess, they're rehearsing some Drama thing."

"Right. Did you talk to her after? About Felicity?"

"No I didn't get a chance. That was mental though right?"

"Tell me about it. Those girls just don't see eye-to-eye, Jess freaking hates Felicity, she talks about her all the time."

"Yeah, Rachel's the same. It's constant I swear to God."

"Bitches be crazy."I joked. There was a pause.

"What about Jess?" He asked. "You still hung up on her?"

"Did you see her today? Obviously man, who wouldn't be? I swear God's punishing me for something by making Jess look as hot as possible every time I see her. Like the other day in Maths she just strolled in with her hair all like tousled and wearing these like really-"

"Really tight jeans and a low-cut top. Yeah you've told me about this like a million times already. Dude, you are completely not over her it's not even funny."

"I've tried but she just makes it so hard."

"I don't get it though, I feel like she likes you too. She's was looking at you constantly in that meeting, laughing at everything you said, smiling the whole time. I can't help but think she likes you man."

"Jack, how many times do I have to tell you? She literally ran out on me when I told her I liked her. There's no hidden message there - I told her how I felt and she bolted."

"I know. That's rough dude, I'm sorry." He paused a second. "Kinda funny though. I mean, I've had bad experiences with girls but I've never had someone run away from me" He started laughing.

"Shut up!" I threw my pillow at him as he laughed harder. "I'm heartbroken here; do you have to act like a complete bellend all the time?"

"I'm sorry, do you want me to grab the Ben&Jerry's and put in The Notebook?" He joked, what a dick. "Stop acting like such a girl - man up."

"Erm enough with the offensive stereotypes please," I retorted. "Although Ben&Jerry's does sound amazing right now, I'm not going to lie."

"Dude, you don't need Ice Cream you need to find another girl. Someone hot whose going to take your mind off of young Jessica."

"If only it was that easy, I don't want my mind off of her." I moaned.

"I'm serious, just find some chick who can keep you occupied until you get over her. What about that fit girl in your Biology class? Emily, is it?"

"Slutty Emily?"

"Slutty Emily! She'd be perfect."

"Mate, I'm not getting over Jess with by hooking up with Slutty Emily,"