'Are you trying to seduce me?' - Chapter Nine

Hey, so I guess it's been a while huh! However, I'm glad to inform you that I already have a whole load of chapters saved to my computer and ready to upload very, very soon. And I promise that I won't ever leave you again!

On another note, erm WOW. I cannot believe how many reads I've got in such a short time, it really makes me so happy that you guys have all still stuck with the story even if it's taken me so long to update it. I'm so thrilled and cannot wait to see what you think of the next chapter - so without further ado, here you go!! :)

/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /

I woke up to the loud sound of Beyoncé's Single Ladies. Confusing. As I slowly reared my head the bright lights obscured my vision, was that red hair in my face? "Ready Jess?" asked a voice from on top of me.

"Rachel?" I questioned. "What the hel-" I just stopped myself, "on earth are you doing on top of me? Are you trying to seduce me?"

"You wish, Jessica." Rachel teased as she clambered off of me and perched herself on the side of my bed."

"Well then, can you please tell me what's going on?"

"Did you like the music?" Rachel dodged my question expertly. Damn, she was so sneaky. I turned my head to look at the clock next to my bed - it was 7AM. On a Saturday.

"Rachel, why are we up so early. I mean, isn't the weekend meant for relaxing?" Maybe, I was going crazy, I can't be the only one who likes a lie-in. Wow, Catholic school is so weird!

"I hope haven't forgotten your date Jessica?" Crap. Was she serious? I didn't get drunk and agree to go on some date last night did I? Wait. I'm at Catholic boarding school - I don't get drunk anymore. Phew, panic over.

"Rachel, I haven't got a date!" I calmly reminded her, trying to hide my initial panic.

"Oh Jessica, please don't say you don't remember about your little 'meeting' (yup she did the air-quotation-marks-thing) with our beloved head boy?" Oh, that.

"Rachel, you know as well as I do that my meeting with Matthew is not a date; we're going to be discussing religion for crying out loud! Hardly the sexiest topic." I scoffed.

"I take offense at that remark Jess. I'm religious and if I'm involved then religion must be the sexiest topic there is, no?" I laughed at Rachel's jokey, but true, statement. "Anyway, if there's going to be kissing then it's definitely a date" she almost screamed with excitement.

"Rachel!" I screeched "There will be no kissing, none, no-way, never. Ever!"

"You know what Justin says Jess, Never Say Never!" She nudged my arm with this last remark, talk about innuendo.

"Whatever you say Rach," I called as I ran out into our bathroom to get my make-up on.

"Make-up Jess? Not trying to impress anyone are we?"

"Only you babe," I teased. Rachel laughed as she joined me in the bathroom. "Okay, so what do you think I should wear? It should probably be pretty conservative right? I mean, if we're discussing religion?"

"True," Rachel mused, "But then again, it's always good to show a bit of skin on the first date." I swear I could kill her! In the end I settled for a simple black dress with a white peter pan collar. I added some spotty black tights, my black toms and a deer head necklace and I was ready to go. "See-ya Rach," I yelled as I grabbed my notebook and flew out the door.