'I AM YOUR ELDER' - Chapter Eleven

The first meeting for the winter fair was a disaster. In our group there's Rachel, Danny, Jack, Matthew, Matthew's friend Jonny, Anya and last and most definitely least, Felicity. We were in charge of entertainment and it was causing plenty of problems already.

"Guys, let's just chill out and stop talking all at once. How about we go around in a circle and say what we want from entertainment." Thank God Matthew was here to put everyone in order. I don't know what we'd have done without him. "Okay, so Felicty how about you go first."

"Well," Felicity started, "I have a lot of great ideas. Firstly I think the main thing we should consider is the message of the school. After all, we have a reputation to uphold. We need to have classic hymns with a Catholic message sung by the school chamber choir. However, for a modern twist, we could have the school orchestra playing some fun little tunes as well."

"I think I'm going to be sick." Jack commented. "We don't need any of that boring stuff. We just need to get some proper bands singing proper songs and just rock out." Blunt, but true, who wants choirs anyway?

"Well, I like Felicities idea. This is a school not a festival!" Anya added after looking at Felicity for approval.

"Good, I'm glad we're all agreed." Felicity smiled sweetly while looking around at all of us domineeringly.

"No, I'm pretty sure that only two of you have agreed actually babe," Rachel butted in. Have I ever mentioned how much I love her? "Why don't we find out what the other 6 people in the room think, no?"

"Great idea Rach," I added. "Well, personally. You both have good ideas but maybe we should get a proper band that can play a little bit of everything to play? Then won't everyone be happy?"

"I agree with Jess," Matthew called.

"Yeah same, I agree too." Said Danny. Wow, suck on that Felicity!

"But then again, we do need to include some school groups, I mean I'm in the choir and we've been practicing quite a while so I think we should be able to perform." Jonny chipped in.

"I totally respect that Jonny, the choir is very talented." Felicity replied while bashing her eyelashes rather too forcibly. Was she seriously trying to flirt with him? That's sure what it looked like. Wow, looks like she'll do anything to get what she wants.

"Your very talented too Felicity." Jonny shot back at her. Seriously, this was working? Felicity flicked her hair back in one swift motion as if to accept the random compliment happily.

"Okay," Rachel mused. "Before I throw up in my mouth, how about we consider Jess's idea for a second. I mean, the choir and band are only really going to play a couple of songs each, we still need to fill up the whole of the winter fair with music."

"My band could play," Jack said, leaning back in his chair as he did so.

"You're in a band?!" Rachel squealed. "What instrument do you play?"

"A little of this, little of that," Jack said vaguely to mixed reactions. "I'm on the guitar mainly,"

"Wow, just wow." Rachel said as she stared at Jack, fascinated. It may have been my imagination but I'm pretty sure she edged further towards him as well.

"Jack, you know I love you," Felicity said while flashing a little smile at Danny, "But we are going to need some good music, no offence or anything." Oh hell no.

"Felicity, that was completely offensive, I think it would be better for everyone if you just kept quiet for a minute and allowed the mature ones among us to discuss things properly."I retorted. Harsh, but it had to be done.