'He's so nice and hot and charming' - Chapter Seventeen

I know that this is an earlier upload than usual but the reasons at the bottom. Also - there's an important message down there today so make sure to read it if you don't usually!

/ / / / /

The train journey was long. Boring and long. I was on my iPod for the majority of the journey - I had 'Mean Girls' on there from a while ago and, let's be honest, when is it not a good time to watch 'Mean Girls'? After that I read my book for a while, 'The Knife of Never Letting Go' by Patrick Ness. I started it ages ago after it was recommended to me by Danny but I hadn't had much of a chance to really get into it. Now, however, I was hooked. I was reading it quicker than I'd ever read any book before. I made a mental note to thank Danny when this whole argument blew over. It was about a boy in a world where everyone could read each other's thoughts. I wish I could read other people's thoughts - it would be a lot easier then to know whether someone's going to stab you in the back or not. I know he recommended this book to me, but I really wish Danny had taken on board some of the plot points.

Danny. Being alone for so long on the train I'd had time to think a lot about our fight. Now I'm not going to deny it, I was pissed. Just the whole idea of him liking Felicity. I guess what scared me most was that they'd start going out on something. I know it's not my place to intrude on Danny's love life but he's my friend - friends are allowed to do that right? It's not like I was asking him to not talk to her - just to hate her with me. That sounded harsh but honestly, I'm just looking out for Danny's best interests here. I'm not the bad guy - am I?

But even being pissed off with Danny, more than anything I just wanted to forget about it all and move on with our lives. Actually, more than anything I wanted Felicity to transfer schools - but I'd settle with a little bit less.

As the train grounded to a halt I collected up my things and walked out onto the platform. I was still kind of scared about being with Amy again; what if it wasn't like before and we didn't get on anymore. What if she had replaced me with a new friend - it didn't even bear thinking about. I thought about what Rachel said and how it will be fine but I was just finding it hard to believe it.

When I thought back to that conversation I remembered Rachel talking about how she thinks me and Danny are similar and that we have chemistry. Chemistry? What does that even mean; you can't really measure two people's attraction can you? Anyway that idea backfired didn't it? It's hard to have chemistry when Danny won't even talk to me.

When I got off the train Amy and her mum were already waiting for me on the platform. Nervously, I wondered over to them.

"Here Jess, let me take your bags." Said Amy's Mum, Sandra, as she took my bags from me.

"Oh thanks." I called after her as she went to put them away in her car. Before I knew what had hit me Amy's arms engulfed me in a huge embrace.

"God Jess, I've missed you so much." She squealed as we skipped to her mum's car.

"I've missed you too - I can't wait to catch up." I said, eager to hear all the gossip about my old school.

Despite my worries - the drive was great and by the time we got to her house, it was as if Amy and I had never left each other. It was so easy to chat about anything that we pleased. I decided not to bring up Danny, in a hope that any awkward conversations could be avoided so instead asked her about our old friends.

"Everyone's doing great." She replied. "We're all missing you though."

"That's sweet. Anyone new to speak of?" I wondered if I'd been replaced.