'Gem and Fanny?' - Chapter Nineteen

SO THIS IS A REALLY EXCITING CHAPTER AND I HOPE YOU LIKE IT. REMEMBER TO VOTE AND COMMENT IF YOU DO!! :)

/ / /

When I was on my way to meet Danny I really had time to think about what I was going to say as well as what he meant to me. It kind I'd scared me how much I'd been lying to Amy recently and it all seemed linked to Danny. I don't really know why I haven't told her about the whole relationship me and Danny have. I guess it's hard for me to tell her something which I know will upset her. I know she says she's over him but I can't help but remember the awkwardness when I bought him up at her house. It seemed like she was hiding something, although who am I to judge. While I was thinking things through I got a text from Danny.

Hey I'm waiting at the cinema for you, not sure when your bus is going to get here but that new Superman movie is going to be on in like ten minutes, so if you want to see it then hurry up!! Can't wait to see you ;)

How sweet. It's nice to know that he's as glad as I am about making up. I think I'm just going to tell him all my feelings about him and Felicity and hope that he agrees to put it behind us and power through. But at the back of my head I really can't help but wonder if he's going to tell me that he likes Felicity or that they've started going out or something. I just know that I'd start to cry or something and that would be super embarrassing as well as heartbreaking.

As my bus reared to a halt in the town I could see Danny standing outside the cinema - and he was looking good.

***

Luckily when I first saw Danny any awkwardness over the fact that we hadn't spoken in two weeks was avoided as he made me run to catch the film quickly and we didn't have much time to say anything to each other. As we were running I noticed a smile on his face that made me so happy to be with him again - I'd forgotten how much fun we have together.

We decided to share popcorn since it was cheaper which seemed like a great idea at the time. However, when we got into the theatre it presented some issues. Firstly, the box was massive and so I had to put it in between my legs. This meant that every time Danny felt hungry, he effectively had to shove his hand down my crotch - safe to say this didn't relax the tension. Another problem arose whenever we both wanted popcorn at the same time. You know when you're about to cross paths with someone on the street and neither of you know which way to go? Well this was a bit like that. As we'd both go to reach in our hand there was a whole lot of to-ing and fro-ing as we both put forward and then retracted our hands repeatedly. After a small chuckle at each other, the sequence would usually end in both of us delving into the box at once and awkwardly touching hands as we did so. It's safe to say, I didn't have the most relaxing time as I manically worried whether my hands were sweating or not every time I felt hungry.

Once the movie finished we walked out silently before I accidentally bumped in to an old man on my way out.

"Sorry," I said as I carried on walking, thinking nothing of it.

"Stupid good-for-nothing kid, watch where you're going next time you could've killed me." He replied. Suddenly Danny turned around - and he looked mad.

"Excuse me," he walked up to the man boldly. "She apologised didn't she, don't you think that you're going a bit far?"

"I have a very bad hip." Said the man, waving his cane at us as if to prove himself.

"That might be so sir but it really gives you no right to talk to young women like that. My friend here is going through a lot and I don't thinking stupid men like you have the right to over exaggerate death to her." A small crowd had turned their attention to us now as Danny raised his voice. "Now she is best person I know and she really shouldn't have to put up with half the crap that she's presented with. Especially from me. So next time, I'd prefer it if you thought about your words before insulting someone who made a mistake and apologised straight after. What sort of person does that make you?"

The man looked shocked; almost as shocked as I felt. " I'm sorry young lady," he turned to look around at me. "And I accept your apology."

"Thanks." I said as the old man and the people staring at us carried on with what they were doing and began to leave us alone, leaving just me and Danny.

"I'm sorry too Jess," he said. "I knew that you didn't like Felicity and you had good reason to. Rachel told me about what she said to you after maths that time and it really is inexcusable. I'm sorry that I doubted you and I'm sorry that I let some girl, who I barely knew and definitely didn't like as much as I portrayed, get in the middle of us. It was stupid and I didn't realise how much it upset you. I guess, 'cause I'm a guy in not very good with understanding feelings and stuff like that and I really just didn't see where you were coming from. But then I talked to my mum and I realised how my actions may have upset you and I'm really sorry. Do you forgive me?"

"Only if you forgive me too." I said, finding it hard to process the lengthy apology is just been given. "Who am I to say who you should and shouldn't like? All that matters is that your my mate and I think I kind of forgot that somewhere. Call it even?"

"Sure." He laughed.

"Now how about we go get some Nandos because I am hungry for some Chicken!"

***

After our meal we went around a few of the shops. Danny thought it was most bizarre when I tried clothes on from Topman and couldn't even begin to fathom the fact that maybe I'd like to wear male jumpers and shirts. We also went to HMV and both bought the new Imagine Dragons album. Danny took the piss out of me when I said I wanted to buy a one direction poster for Rachel and my room but I got to return the favour when he begged me to go to Lush so he could browse their new bath bomb range.

When we took a little break in Starbucks I volunteered to get the drinks while Danny saved us a table.

"Two caramel crème frappacinnos please." I asked the lady behind the counter, desperate to get my hands on my favourite drink.

"And your names please?"

"Jess and Danny, thanks!" I said as I payed my money and walked over to the collection table.

"Jem and Fanny?" A Starbucks employee called out across the shop.

"I think that's me." I said as I took the caramel fraps from his hand. "Hey Fanny" I said jokingly as I sat down at our table.

"Jess I need to tell you something." Danny stopped my joking as he appeared to have something serious to say.

"What is it?" He looked in a state of shock, as if something awful had happened. Please tell me this didn't involve Felcity. "Seriously tell me, you're scaring me."

"I think," it was clear he found it hard to get the words out.

"What?" I was getting panicked now. Were my fears coming true, were they going out? "What do you think?"

"We're friends right Jess?"

"You know we are." Where the hell was he going with this?

"So we have friendly feelings towards each other yes?"

"Well yeah, that's usually how friendship works."

"I'm starting to think that maybe," he scrunched up his face. "That maybe my feelings towards you are a bit more than friendly."

"What do you mean?" Was he really going where I think he was going?

"Jess, I think I'm falling in love with you."

/ / / / / / /

THOUGHTS? ~LUNACRESTA