Chapter 1:DO YOU REMEMBER SUMMER '09?

CHAPTER ONE: DO YOU REMEMBER SUMMER ’09?

                      Finally! It’s already summer vacation. A little bit nervous for the incoming school year. I’m already in high school. Aside from being a freshman, one thing that really gets my nerves is that Fushion Academy, my school, is going to separate the top seven students from the average students. In short, they are going to classify the pupils according to their grades. For clear vision, the top seven students are going to a special class A. The next twenty pupils are down to class B. The averages are in class C. And the ones who need special grade attentions are in class D.

                     “Wow! Another gorgeous day awaits me. I need to wake up now. Many jobs are waiting for me.”  These are the sentences that keep playing inside my head. My brain and senses are awake except my body. I can feel a forceful magnet pulling my body to my bed. Oh well, that’s what you call procrastination, its summer vacation anyways! No need to wake up early. Maybe I need to condition my body first! Grab my iPod, unlock it, press the menu button, chooses the music icon, look for good music, finally decided what song to play and presses play! Lalala

                     Then out of my consciousness my cat jumped on top of me. “Meow! Meow!”. And as everyone expected, I also jumped on my bed out of big surprise.

“Oh Tootie Pa Tootie, it’s you! Thank goodness I didn’t break my bed. Phew!

                     By the way, I haven’t introduced myself yet. I’m Danica Calder, 14 years old, brunette, slim and 5’5” in height. My family and I were migrants from London. My family were already here in Los Angeles for eight years. My father runs a hotel company. We have a lot of hotel branches all around America and outside US. That is the reason why we transferred in LA. My dad’s name is Jonathan Calder and mom’s name is Diana Calder. She is a housewife, both of my parents are loving, caring and responsible, I love them very much. I have a younger evil brother named Reed, or Reed Deming.  Maybe we should name him RUDE. And as a cat lover, cats are part of our family, I have a gray- colored Persian cat named Tootie Pa Tootie or simply Kitty.

                   As I opened the window of my room, I felt the fresh air touch my skin.

“Hey sweet Kitty, can you feel the wind outside? Feels like I wanna take a walk near the bay, watcha think?”

“Meow” Kitty responded on my question.

Then I got Kitty and went downstairs, went to mom and asked,

“Mom, can Kitty and I take a walk near the bay? The air is so sweet, I wanna feel it more.”

“Have you tasted it?” mom joked.

“Mom!”

“Haha! Of course you can, just don’t go far. Did you take you phone with you? I’ll call you when our breakfast is ready. We’re going to meet the Malik Family after lunch.” She said while preparing the breakfast.

“Malik Family? Who are they?” I asked.

“ Oh, a high school close friend of your dad. You’re gonna know them better later.”

“Okay I’ll always. I’ll take my phone with me.”

Then I went out for a walk near the bay. The words mom said to me bothers my mind right now.

“Malik Family? Kitty do you think they are good people? My heart beats really fast, I don’t know why.” I talked to my cat while walking.

“Hey disgusting woman! Where are you heading? Great morning right?! Bahahaha!” an evil laugh and voice said, that annoying voice sounds like…

“GREYSON CHANCE!” Well as usual, I guess it right. There’s no other voice like that!

“Wow! You can still remember me? How sweet miss rank number two!”

“You still don’t change. How many times will I say, ‘DON’T CALL ME MISS RANK NUMBER TWO!!!’ You know what monster, the time will come, you’ll eat your own germs! I’ll crush you when I become the top one of our class!” I warned him with burning breath like a dragon. Actually I can feel the fire coming out my mouth.

                     He’s already that boastful since fourth grade. It is just because he is the NUMBER ONE in our school! He’s my school rival. Our grade competition started when he saw me jumping around and screaming at our school hallway when I knew the results of our grades. I’m just very happy and contented with my highest grade ever! It’s my first time to become third in our batch. Greyson ruined my life when he said ‘I’m such an idiot’. My grades are too low to party with. Huh! Too bad my dad and his dad, Scott Chance are business partners and bestfriends. They run the same company! Mom said I must be patient enough to him because our families are “friends”. Duh! If you were at my position, would you waste your time with a monster? He also asked me if I will accept his challenge to compete for grades. If I lose, he’ll command me unmerciful things. Unfortunately, I haven’t win yet. But because of persevering, I became second. Bless!

                       “Well all I can say us GOOD LUCK. Another, STUDY AS HARD AS YOU CAN this school year!” Greyson boasted ang turned back. I think he’s going back to the place where he came from.

“Errrrh! Amm wait!” I shouted with a tight grip on my cat.

“Why loser?”

“If I’m not mistaken---“

“You’re always wrong.”

“Let me finish first!”

“I’m in a hurry. Finish what you’ll say.”

“Right this school year, the school will separate the top students and will classify each students based on their grades?”

“Yes.”

“Is there a possibility that a transferee will join us?”

“As far as I know, there is only one transferee who made it to the top seven.”

“I see. Only that. You can go home now.”

“Are you sure? You might miss me.”

“Eeeeew, miss your face! Just leave.”

“Fine.”

                       Okay, because of that guy I wasn’t able to reach the bay. He just wasted my precious time. Garsh! Oh well, I need to go now, my mom texted me already. Time to meet the Malik! How creepy.