Chapter 4

"Baka, Shanks. Not Baku." Army corrected the now three year old redheaded.

She smiled, she felt it in her bones that he was going to be a great man.

From what she heard from Rayleigh, Shanks is Roger's adopted son and he's considering adopting her. She did not mind. Her parent was probably far away from her already. When she secretly used Roger's den den mushi to get to her parent, a cook or servant told her that no one with the name she told them existed and to never call them again. Army was devastated by the fact that they were treating it as if she did not exist. Her parent clearly did not want her so she decided to stick with the name Army and stayed with Roger.

The toddler smiled at her as she thought of her problems and grabbed one of the two loose pieces of her hair, the rest of which was in a ponytail. She stopped her thoughts and smiled at the toddler.

"Shanks, you like my hair." She cooed.

She might be the only girl in the crew but that didn't stop her from being a mence to the World Government. She grinned, the nickname she got was One Man Army. The Marines being to far away from them to see if they were a man or woman.

Not that she cared one bit.

She looked to the sky. This was her life now.

It's been 11 years since Roger found her.

She now was 10"1 feet in height and was clearly visible as a female because of the chest size of 200cm. Now with the new nickname One Woman Army and a high bounty, she lived her life to the fullest.

"Shanks, Buggy. Wake up, Captain says it's time to get up."

That reminds her.

They got another kid in the crew, he was dressed as a clown for some reason and recently the kid accidentally ate a devil fruit.

The day after he ate it.

If she remembered correctly.

Buggy had his head cut off and Shanks used it in a prank on Roger which did not end well for all parties involved.

Shanks and Buggy got deck cleaning duty and Roger got a mini heart attack. Rayleigh was and still is not impressed by the prank they pulled but at least Roger saw the joke in the prank.

Army sat on a barrel as the duo cleaned the deck.

"Hey, Army. Can we play a game as Buggy and I clean the deck?" Shanks asked.

"Of course." Army replied.

"Alright, I ask you a question and then after you answer truthfully. I get asked one." Shanks explained as Buggy growled.

"I understand." She smiled.

"Do you have any siblings." Shanks asked innocently.

Army frowned in her mask.

"No. Only you and Roger are my family." She answered, trying not to sound disappointed.

"Okay. Now it's my turn to be asked a question." Shanks said.

"Of course. What's your favorite thing about Roger?" Army asked, curiously.

"Definitely his smile." Shanks answered smiling brightly.

"I agree." Army stated.

It was true.

Roger's smile was so kind and calming.

"It's my turn again. So is Army your real name?"

"Yes, Roger gave it to me afterall." Army giggled.