Chapter 18

Some kind of cow…

But this one was rather…

Dumb-looking.

It had beady eyes with big fat lips and even a runny nose. It had the spots of a cow and was even wearing red-and-white striped pants as he dragged the spiked club right behind him.

"S-Straw-chan!" Bon Clay cried out, and for the first time, he looked truly shook up.

"This is really bad!" He admitted.

They couldn't see why they were in such big trouble before the Minotarus attacked and they saw why. It picked up the giant club and went swinging at them with it. With a started cry, Luffy was forced to jump up high to avoid it.

"W-What's with this thing?" Luffy asked.

"It sure is fast!"

"Oh, no!" Bon Clay gasped, fear in his face.

"It's the Minotaurus!"

"Minotaurus?" Luffy questioned.

"A cold-blood Demon Guard!" Bon Clay cried out.

"A monster that tosses humans like trash! That's what it is!"

"Is it a monster!?!?" Luffy screamed.

"Or someone with powers?!?!"

"How would I know?" Bon Clay asked loudly as the Minotaurus turned back to fight.

It moved so fast that he was right in front of them in the blink of an eye. The next thing that any of them knew was that it slammed his club which collided with Bon Clay's head and sent him slamming against the bars of the cell nearest them.

"BON-CHAN!" Luffy cried, as Bon Clay hollered in pain, before he looked back at the overgrown cow.

"That thing's fast!" Luffy admitted to himself.

Luffy didn't notice as when the Minotarus came after him. It swung the club down at him, how had to roll out of the way. Yet again, the thing proved to be too fast for Luffy, for he was able to make up for that miss by slamming its club right onto Luffy's head. Luffy yelled in pain as he gripped his face and rolled around on the floor until he hit some more bars. He was clearly in a lot of pain, with blood still dripping from the wound on the side of his head, that he didn't notice the Minotaurus about to attack him again.

"Straw-chan! Look out!" Bon Clay shouted.

"Wait just a! Fouette'!" He yelled as he landed a powerful kick to the beast's head from out of nowhere, which gave Luffy a chance to run out of harm's way.

The kick didn't seem to do much to the Minotaurus, but it was still enough to direction his attention straight to Bon Clay instead of Luffy. It grabbed him by the head and slammed him to the floor so that he was pinned there.

"I c-can't..... br-breathe....." Bon Clay gagged as he started foaming from lack of breath.

Luffy shifted to his Second Gear, pumping the blood in his legs and steam billowed out. He hit the Minotaurus hard with a Jet Bazooka and sent him flying backwards. Luffy stood there, even after the Minotaurus was sent through a bridge and it crumbled. He quickly pulled himself out of Second Gear. Bon Clay, who was coughing and able to catch his own breath.

"Are you okay, Bon-chan?"Luffy asked walking up to the injured man.

"I almost died.........." Bon Clay shuddered.

"I saw the great heavenly garden of Oh, Come My Way!" He finished as he slowly pushed himself into a sitting position.

"You really are strong, indeed." Bon Clay complimented, looking up in the direction that the Minotaurus was sent off.