Chapter 14

As they faded out into the darkness, Ace was shown in the show.

"I'm not… I'M NOT GOING ANYWHERE!"

With a horrible cracking noise, the guard hit the struggling figure with the mace before forcing him to sit down. It was then that the guard left, where the shadowed figure breathed hard, as if biting down pain.

"Damn…" Jinbei grunted.

"Didn't even hit that itchy spot." He joked.

Ace looked at him.

"Jinbei. Looks like they've given you another beating, eh, boss?" Ace smiled at him.

"This is nothing!" Jinbei said grumpily.

"The wounds hardly hurt. It's my heart that's aching right now from not being able to do the right thing!" He sighed.

"Jinbei." Ace muttered tiredly.

"I can't die here!" Jinbei said determinedly.

"At least not yet, Ace! I couldn't care less if I lose my title as one of the Seven Warlords! That title means nothing to me!" Jinbei hung his head as he went on.

"I'd gladly give up all I had, even my life… to stop this war!"

"Jinbei, what would Auntie think. You know she admires you." Ace gasped.

"Even so if it's to protect you and Whitebeard even Army. I'll lay my life down." Jinbei admitted.

"You?"

"A pirate-hating pirate laid down your life for a pirate." Ace smirked a little.

"It may seem strange to you," Jinbei answered.

"I spent a lot of time on Whitebeard's ship. Yet, because of my position, I always had to be discreet about it and travel underwater. I do like you guys after all."

"What about my aunt?"

"Army is a.............. odd woman but she with the Roger Pirates helped the Fishmen when Roger was still................ active from what I heard from King Neptune. She helps out when she can so for that she has my thanks." Jinbei smiled along with Ace.

"I seem to recall you tried to kill me once, though…" Ace hummed.

"Well, you tried to kill me also, didn't you? I simply wanted to help him." Jinbei replied.

"Not anymore. Thankfully." Ace hummed.

Jinbei smiled at the boy before taking a deep breath.

"The reason that my home island is at peace is because of Whitebeard. At one point, Fishman Island was like a battlefield, humans coming from all over to kidnap our people and sell them off for millions of berries." Jinbei explained to Ace.

"I would never forget the day that Whitebeard with the help of Army and the rest of your family ended the chaos by declaring that island as their territory. That was all it took to stop the raids and many different islands rely on that protection simply by using his name. But if something would happen to Whitebeard, I could only imagine what would happen to all those islands." Jinbei huffed.

"Your aunt, Army, is still around but she had other places to protect as well which included her own island. Army is only one woman so when we were granted that help when Whitebeard took part of it as well. We knew that we were safe." Jinbei stated.

Jinbei banged his head on the wall.

"I wanted to do something to stop this war, even if it cost me my life!" Jinbei confessed.