Part 6

Karina's P.O.V

I entered our house after Winter's car disappeared infront of my eyes. Everything that happened today was so special, it might be the best day of my life.

"Where's Karina?" I heard a familiar voice that feels like my heart is being stabbed multiple times.Ni can't help but to feel my legs tremble in fear.

The trauma is still here.

I entered the kitchen and saw my parents bickering. I saw the face of the man I always fear to.

"Where have you been?!" He walk and grab my arm as hard as he can. It hurts.

"Pa, a-are you drunk a-again?" I stuttered. His hand is still around my arm. I can feel how hard he's holding it.

"Stop hurting her, please." My father smirked and let go of my arm. The mark is visible.

"Where have you been?" He faced me with a wide eyes, he's angry. Again.

"To my friends." He slapped me as hard as he could. It quickly gets numb like I couldn't feel anything at all.

"Don't tell me you went to that girl?!" My heart fell when I heard what he said. I know who's she's talking about.

The girl I once trusted.

"No." I said like I'm mumbling. I don't have much energy to speak loud.

"Darling, go to your room now. I'll just bring you some dinner." My mom told me sweetly. She's about to cry I know it, she just want it to hide from me.

"No need, mom. I'm not hungry." I went upstairs as fast as I could to escape from feeling my Dad's presence.

The presence that I never wanted to feel.

I just cry and cry. I let out everything that I'm feeling. It's hard but I can't do anything. I let it all out until I fell asleep from tiredness and pain that I'm feeling.

Winter, I need you.

~~~

I went to class early than I usually do. I want to avoid my dad. I haven't even ate breakfast yet. The main thing is to just not see my father.

Winter where are you?

I just lay my head down my desk and wait for a certain person to come.

~~

I woke up with the sound of my stomach growling because I'm starving as heck. I lift my head up and saw Winter playing with her phone while listening to music. She looks cool to be honest.

The feeling of loneliness and sadness quickly eent away as soon as I saw Winter beside me. Wait, why is no one else still here? What time is it?

"Oh you're awake. Here, I bought you food." She removed her earphone and gave me the bowl of rice with chicken inside. I'm craving for it.

"Oh you don't need to. I can just buy it outside later at lunch." She chuckled when I said that. What's funny?

"It's already lunch, Karina."

"Huh?? How long have I been asleep?" I asked, I am panicking because our professor might send me to detention for sleeping in her class.

"Don't worry, our profs are busy preparing the School Fair. You can sleep more if you want to." She said calmly. Her voice soothes me.

"Anyway, eat this. I already ate earlier. I'm just gonna play here." Yes please stay with me and don't ever let go. I will get weak.

"Thank you, Winter. Really." She smiled warmly at me and continues playing. I started to eat while watching her play, she looks so focused with it. It's like a firing game, it has guns, bombs and such.

"Karina?" I didn't notice she's looking at me now. I finished and listen to what she has to say.

"Can you accompany me to the mall later? I just want to buy some things. If you're not busy." Winter is using her puppy eyes to make me say yes? I think. Or am I just assuming?

"Sure. After class?" She nodded. Then there, we will spend the day again. The thought of it makes me happy unconditionally.

I wonder what things she need to have someone accompanying her. She went back on playing while I lay my head down staring at her beautiful focused face.

I want to see those face everyday.

~~

"Bye guys! Karina and I needed to go now." We both bid our goodbyes to her friends. I don't know if i can still label them as my friends too but I'll be safe.

"Wow this is a different car." I touched the car that Winter went inside. She does have so many cars that even her band aids have cars.

"How many cars do you have?" I asked her the moment I went inside the passenger seat. She just scoffed and turn the engine on. Is she ignoring my question now? Psh.

"Uh 5?" She's still thinking the numbers of the cars she has. She's so rich.

"You're not sure? Haha." She shook her head and started driving. Her love for cars are indescribable.

"What's your favorite color?" She asked me so sudden. That's sus.

"Blue." I answered.

"Favorite song?" She kept on asking questions like we're having a fast talk right now.

"Robbers by The 1975."

"Favorite band?"

"I have a lot. Little Mix, The 1975, One Direction, Fifth Harmony and etc." Yes, that's a lot but it's my fave so yeah.

"How about you?" Its my turn to ask now.

"White, Paris by The 1975 and The 1975." Oh we both like the same group. Well who doesn't right? They're amazing. Especially the songs.

We arrived at the mall and buy everything she needs. She's buying some materials for painting, clothes, shoes and stuff. How come she have so many money in her?

"I think we're done for today." We both look at the paper bags in our hands. There's so many of them.

"You sure you won't buy anything?" I shook my head and just look at my watch. It's already 6 pm. I know I should be atleast be home by 8 pm so I won't have to receive a nag by my dad.

"Let's eat dinner. My treat. Since you accompany me here." I just nodded, knowing her, she will insist buying me dinner. She's always so thoughtful with me.

We're now eating pizza, we're craving for it. I took a bite then Winter just rob a picture of me, again.

"You seriously gonna keep doing that?" She's engrossed with her phone

"You seriously gonna keep doing that?" She's engrossed with her phone. Taking picture of me might become her favorite hobby.

"Ok let's eat now and I'll take you home." She said and ate with me.

~~

Winter's P.O.V

I'm at the balcony of my room eating ramen in the middle of the night. I can't sleep. So maybe I'll just eat something hot since it's cold out here. Then I thought I might be bloated tomorrow since I am eating ramen.

"Well, I'm already eating it." Then take another bite.
I wonder if Karina's still up at this hour. But then my phone beeped.

Who's messaging me in the middle of the night?