Part 14

Karina's P.O.V

I woke up with the white walls around me. The last thing I remembered was a heartbreaking scene, dad stabbing mom multiple times then I fainted. I suddenly have a bad feeling about mom.

I was about to move but my hand is being held by someone. Someone I love, the one who saved my life. If it wasn't for her, I may be at heaven right now, watching her love another person.... Just the thought of it makes me heart break into pieces.

"Oh you're awake. Should I call the doctor?" She was about to let go of my hand when I hold onto it stronger even though I'm still weak right now.

"Stay please." My voice is hoarse, and Winter gladly gave me some water I can drink. I want to ask her about my mom but I'm not ready to hear it yet.

"Can you hug me, Minjeongie?" I called her by her real name. She didn't hesitate but to help me move slightly to the side as she hop on the bed and wrapped me in her arms.

I missed her warmth.

We spent minutes in that position when I thought I am ready now. I needed to gather all my strength for the news I wanted to hear.

"W-winter-ah, where's m-mom?" I'm trembling, my whole body's trembling. Her silence says it all. I lost them. I lost my parents. I can't explain how hurt it is right now. I don't know it'll come to the point that this will happen. There's only one thing that God left me.

Kim Minjeong.

I hugged her tight until I realize that tears fell from my eyes, making Winter's shirt wet. She held me closer to her and just let me feel her presence because that's what I need the most.

Her.

She hummed a song when my eyes got tired. It makes me feel calm and protected. Her heavenly soothing voice makes me stop crying until I fell asleep in her arms. I hope she wont leave me like everyone else.

~~

I woke up from a noise around me. I opened my eyes and saw Winter with her Parents talking about something. It must be important.

"She's awake now, ask her." Mrs. Kim pointed at me while smiling so warm, I might forget she was once held the title of the Ice Princess. The other two diverted their attention to me.

"Hey." Winter sat beside me and held my hand.

"We're thinking if you want to live with us for a while? Until you wanted to go home to your house." She asked me calmly, not pressuring me or something.

"No, no. I might be a burden, I don't like that." I tried to sit up but the wound on my stomach made it hard for me. I winced in pain when Ms. Kim Taeyeon went closer to me.

"You won't be a burden to us. Our daughter loves you so we'll be here for you as your parents too. It's okay if you don't want to, but our house is open anytime for you." She caressed my arm. All of them are warm hearted, they're such a perfect family.

"We'll just ask our daughter to come for you everyday. Will that be okay?" I just nodded. That's better than them taking care of me. Plus I want to have Winter alone. Just kidding.

"Or I can just stay at their house for awhile, since she needs someone to be with for awhile and someone to change the bandages of her wounds." Winter suggested to her parents. They didn't look like they're against it.

"Okay, we'll let you." Winter jumped while still holding my hand and she kind of lift her arms up but failed when I winced in pain again. Winter's face changed into a sorry look.

"I'm sorry, oh god." She kissed it playfully. Isn't she awkward to do that when her parents are around?

"Should we just hire a maid for you? She seemed to be careless?" Ms. Taeyeon jokingly said, teasing Winter who's now looking at her with a frown expression.

"Yes please, Ms. Kim." I joined the teasing as Winter looked at me with her pouty lips.

"Hey, drop the formalities. Call us Mommy too." Mrs. Ki- I mean Mommy Jessica winked at me as I know that my cheeks are now like a red plum. Imagine your Idol back then is now telling you to call her Mommy.

"Okay, M-mommy Jessica." I'm still kind of nervous and shy about it. They chuckled.

"You'll get used to it soon."

"Minjeongie, lets go get them something to eat." Mommy Taeyeon asked Winter to go with her, I'm kind of hungry too. Winter agreed and they both asked us what we want before leaving the room, Mommy Taeyeon mess with Winter's hair before Running to tease her. They're so cute.

"Like mother like daughter." Mommy Jess laughed at them and sat next to me. It feels surreal especially to the part where she's now holding my hand.

"If you need someone to talk to, or need some help. We're here for you okay? Don't be a stranger because you're part of the family now." I was touched at what she says, Winter is really lucky to have such a wonderful parent like them.

"Thank you." I didnt realize I am crying now when she handed me a handkerchief and sat at the bed beside me to hug me, caressing my back.

It feels like my mom.

I cried so hard, didn't care how ugly I am right now. Mommy Sica's presence is comforting me like a mom comforting her child.

I missed her.

"Just let it out and you'll feel better eventually. Take you time." Her calm and soothing voice got me. Normal sentence but it feels like a lullaby to me. I'm so glad to have Winter and her Family with me.

~~~

A Few Days Later

Winter's P.O.V

Karina's wound is starting to get better and she's doing great. We're both doing great together here in their house, alone. But everynight, her loud sobs can't be ignored or helped. But I'm glad I'm here to help her.

I never left her side especially when she needed me. She's worth fighting for, she's worth waiting for. We're watching a movie at the living room eating pizza while cuddling, is definitely a must do.

"Hey, my cousin and friends are inviting me for a drink next Saturday. Do you want to come? Don't worry I wont drink alcohol." I assured her because I don't want her to take care of me knowing how capable I am of doing anything when I am drunk.

"Sure, I never had the chance to meet them except for Giselle." She agreed, I'm glad she did because she always lock herself inside and never even go outside. It's tiem to take a fresh air.

"I'll invite Yeji and our other friends too, don't worry." I gave her a reassuring smile and held her hand as we both finish the movie we're watching. I still can feel her healing heart crashing into pieces, so maybe going out might help. I hope so.