Part 12

Winter's P.O.V

It's weekend right now and I decided to invite Karina to a coffee place. I needed to talk to her about something. It's really important and urgent. Good thing she agreed so I got myself ready and drive to Karina's house.

I will help you, Love.

I am outside of her house waiting for her presence. Then I saw her getting out calmly. I searched her body and there's no signs of bruises anywhere. I sighed in relief. I might lose it when she has another one.

"Hi, Win." She greeted me with a warm smile on her face. Buckling the seatbelt on her body.

"Hi, Rina." I smiled back and started to drive to the coffee place I was talking about. The place is cozy, peaceful and beautiful.

We ordered something we wanted and decided to wait for it before talking about what I'm gonna say. She looked curious and serious. So was I. Then our order arrived. I took a deep breathe before telling her something she didn't expect me to say.

"Do you want to escape from your dad's abuse?" I straightforwardly asked her. She is not shocked about the question. And just nodded without hesitation.

"Well, are you gonna be comfortable if he will be sent to jail?" That's when her eyes widened. But she's thinking hard about it.

"If it's for my safety and my mom's, yes." She agreed. I'm just glad she is choosing the right thing for them.

"If we want to, we should have something to prove that it's true. Just in case." I'm not really sure with it but I'll go with the sure option.

"What would it be?" She asked curiously, wanting to get rid of her father. I'm now thinking of a way how.

Karina's P.O.V

I was really scared when Winter asked me to meet her because she seemed so serious, and I'm right, she really is serious until now. We're talking about my dad right now.

"Maybe install a small cctv camera inside your house where he can't see it?" That's too risky but I know a good hiding spot for small cameras inside the house. Maybe we can work it out.

I agreed and she drive me home. Good thing he's not here. I quickly told my mom the plan and she agreed, she's been suffering from my father's abusive side too. Winter's right. This needs to end soon.

I was installing the camera carefully while looking at it if its visible anywhere when mom told me that he's near the house. I was near the camera when he entered, I jolted in my place and stand there awkwardly, good thing he's drunk. I mean not really a good thing, but he shouldnt see the camera.

"What the fck are you doing there?" He gestured his hands for me to come near him. Fear swallowed me but He gave a bag of plastic, the savory smell lingered in my nose. Chicken!

"Eat that for dinner." I've been craving for this since yesterday. He finally did something good for me. Mom and I were eating while he's sleeping at the couch.

I looked at the place where the camera is hiding again, when I remember what Winter told me.

"The camera will go directly to my computer. I will see everything that will happen in your house. Is that okay?"

I just nodded when she asked me that. It's better for her to know and have evidence for putting him in prison. I love him, but he deserves this.

Winter's P.O.V

I'm now breathing fine especially when I can see whatever Karina is doing whenever she's near her father.

One wrong move, Mister. And you're dead.

I am now having a dinner with my parents when I told them what I did with Karina. I cant read their expression but I hope they're not angry.

"What? You should've told us sooner. We could've helped you with it. Your Aunty Yul, works at the FBI." I almost choke and almost end my life when I heard that.

"Yeah, it should've been easier if you told us. But since you're big enough to make your own decisions, we support you. You had our back okay? We are always willing to help the girl you love." I blushed at what Mommy Taeng said. They're okay with it.

"Yeah, we're proud of you for helping someone, Minjeongie." Mommy Jess pat my head and I also feel proud of myself. I wanted to protect Karina from the person she is scared to fight with.

"We're just one call away." They never failed to be a parent to me. They are never too busy for me. It's refreshing when you know that they always have time for you.

I just wished Karina feels the same way.

I ran upstairs and flopped myself on my bed while I listen to some music to make me feel like I'm not alone at night.

I decided to look at the monitor of my computer and saw Karina and her Mom eating some chicken while her dad's sleeping at the couch. Later on, Karina looked at this side, and I smiled like she could see me through the camera she's looking at.

Your beauty is breathtaking.

After eating, she went upstairs then my phone beeped. She texted me goodnight. She must've been tired. I texted the same and slowly drifted off to sleep while the music is still on.

Calming.

"Good morning, Honey." My parents greeted me with a warm smile while they're preparing a breakfast for us. I'm still half awake, walking like a zombie.

I sat down in front of them still half asleep. I wanted to sleep more. I guess I can do that later since it's Sunday.

"Minjeongie, next week is our Wedding Anniversary and we will celebrate outside. Can you come with us?" I'm now awake and then process everything my Mommy Taeng said just now.

"Okay, only the three of us?" They shook their head, so we have more guests.

"Your aunties will come too, and their daughters of course." I'm excited, I haven't met some of my Aunties' daughters yet. Just the thought of it makes me want to skip the remaining days.

~~

Taeyeon's P.O.V

It's already afternoon and our daughter's upstairs sleeping. Althought its already lunch, we didn't bother to wake her up to have more rest and sleep. She needs it. So my wife and I just ate by ourselves.

"I'm really worried about Winter's friend. I hope she'll be fine." Sica said taking a bite of her food. She really is a warm-hearted woman when you get to know her.

"Winter's watching her remember? Lets trust our daughter and I know she'll do the right thing." I held her hand and smiled reassurely.

"Our daughter's a big girl now. Time flies so fast." She said, her sparkling eyes forms up water and slowly fell into her cheeks. I wiped it with my own thumb.

Time surely flies so fast

"Yeah, it feels like I'm just still bugging you to have your attention." I told her and she smiled while sniffing. She really is cute whenever she cries, happily. We finished eating left some for our daughter. Sica is now washing the plates when I'm craving for affection.

"Please wash them fast." I back hugged her and kissed her nape. I caressed her toned abs and rest my head on her shoulders.

I'm so lucky to have you as my wife. I love you, with all of my heart.