Part 18

Still Winter's P.O.V

We're at the hospital. I'm beside Karina who's sitting on the hospital bed. They ran so many tests for her and now we're waiting for the doctor to come back and tell us what's happening with my girl. Then there he is.

"Doctor Kang, what's wrong with my girlfriend?" I held my girlfriend's hand and squeeze it hoping it's nothing serious.

"As we ran many tests, we are certain that Ms. Yoo might have a Gallbladder Cancer which is a very rare disease." My heart wants to get out of my chest and the grip of Karina's hand to mine gets hard. And it seems like the doctor has something more to say and his expression isn't that good.

"But I have a bad news for the both of you." I knew it. Tears fell down from my eyes while waiting for the bad news he's talking about.

"Gallbladder is often found late. And as we checked the test we did for Ms. Yoo. It is also very late and I'm afraid it's not curable with surgeries." Everything around me seemed to fell. It feels like I'm being stabbed in the chest by many people.

"W-what do you m-mean?" My voice started to crack. I looked at Karina and she's crying silently. I remember the quote saying "the most painful tears we had, were the tears we cried in silence."

"It's already on Stage 4 cancer. The cancer spread out even at the ones located far from the gallbladder. And I'm afraid that she has only 1 month to live." I'm shaking my head vigorously. I am refusing to believe that everything I heard is true. 1 month? No!

"No, no! Tell me this isn't true." I stopped the doctor from leaving and his silence told me that all of it was true. I wanted to throw everything around me, but I realized that Karina needs me the most.

"Jagi... stop." Her weak voice made me fell into my knees and started crying while covering my face. Then the sound of the door opened was heard everywhere. By the smell and presence I feel, it's my parents. Mommy Taeng kneeled down and hugged me so tight while Mommy Sica went to Karina and hugged her too.

Third Person's P.O.V

The married couple starts to comfort the younger couple with their warm embrace. They are willing to wait until they calm down for a bit.

Winter seemed to be crying more than Karina and it's their first time to see Winter like that. Weak, Sad, Helpless and Vulnerable. It hurts them more and hope that it isn't what they think it is for Karina.

"What happened?" After Karina calmed down, Jessica asked her gently not wanting to surprise her with the sudden question.

"I'm dying, Mom." Karina's voice cracked and Winter cried harder while mumbling the word "no." She lost all of her strength by crying. Taeng and Winter are still on the floor.

"W-what?" Jessica's tears starts to fall without her noticing. The pain that Karina and Winter is going though feels like it's passing on to her. She hugged the sick latter tight but enough for her to breathe.

"Is there any second opinion or is it curable by surgery?" Taeyeon asked but Winter is shaking her head, her whole body is trembling and her sobs aren't stopping.

"No. T-the doctor said that I o-only have 1 month to live." That's when Karina breaks into tears again. Taeyeon is trying to be stronger for the three women she loves around her. She went outside and talk to the doctor to know everything. She instantly regret knowing it and went back to Winter who's still crying like she never ran out of tears.

They need me the most.
-Taeyeon

Taeyeon called Yuri and her family, Giselle and Tiffany to help her get the 3 vulnerable important people in her life home.