Part 11

Winter's P.O.V

It's been 5 days since I last saw Karina. I wonder how she's doing, even though she replied to me yesterday saying that she's fine. But why do I feel like she isn't? Why does it feel like she's hurt big time? I wanted to be there for her but it's too dangerous knowing what her father is capable of doing.

"Hey! Earth to Winter!" Yeji is snapping her fingers infront of me. I just smiled awkwardly and just leaned back to my chair. The class isn't starting yet. It's still early.

"Dude, you've been spacing out for the past few days. I'm getting worried about you." Giselle told me. My mouth feels dry, I don't even have some energy to speak even a word.

"Let her be, she needs some space. Karina hasn't been attending class since Monday." Lia understands what I am feeling so they just let me be. I'm holding my phone to see if she's going to text me because I am eager to receive her messages.

Then my phone beeped. I look at it quickly and rushed to the entrance of the school. It's Karina.

Third Person's P

Third Person's P.O.V

Winter's phone beeped so loud that even her friends heard it. They all diverted their attention to Winter who ran as fast as she can outside.

"Someone's here." They all smile knowing that Winter will be back again. The hyper and who always join them whenever they want to have fun.

Winter arrived at the Entrance and wait for the familiar figure she missed so much. She is so excited about meeting her again. 5 days feels like a lifetime.

Then she saw her. Winter jumped in excitement and ran towards Karina and hugged her. She's being cautious and not hugged her tight or shake her. She knows that Karina has some bruises. She just know.

"I miss you!!" Winter is catching her breath while talking to Karina. While Karina is giggling because of Winter's reaction. It never failed Karina.

Winter grab her bag and decided to bring it for the latter. Then they walk to the hallway. Each room they pass, the more attention they gathered. They both didn't know it but they are voted as the power couple in the building even though they aren't really a couple. Yet.

"Welcome back, Karinaaa!" The squad was about to hug her and crush her when Winter stopped them and went infront of Karina. The girls stopped in their tracks like they were glued in the ground.

"Gentle, please." Karina looked at Winter who's being protective and caring. She's touched. She never received that kind of treatment before and now that she does, it feels good.

They all hugged Karina gently as Winter told them to do then they went back to their seats as the professor entered the class.

The whole time, Winter is just staring at Karina's face. She's enjoying Karina's presence she has been longing for. She is indeed, inlove.