8 II coffee complications

The next day, as George had promised, both he and Dream went to the cafe. The brunette had told the blonde about his deal with Bad, and Dream thought nothing wrong with it, and agreed to go. 

When the two got there, George bid Dream a farewell and told him to sit in any table he liked, and that he would be with him shortly. 

When he went to the employees room, however, was a different story. 

Bad stood there, eyes full of glee. George rolled his eyes and passed him, with a "hey Bad" and  left to the side of the room to get his uniform on. 

Bad, of course, followed him. "So, is that the guy?" The lovable boy teased. 

George rolled his eyes, and pulled his apron above his head. "Oh stop." 

"I'm sorry," Bad said, his voice sincere. "But he does look quite happy around you. So do you," 

George tied his apron around his waist. "I'm not queer, Bad. That's unheard of." 

Bad paused. "It's because of her, isn't it?" George winced at that. Bad was one of the only people who knew about his mother, who knew why he was always tired with bags under his eyes. Bad noticed his movements, and placed his hands on his shoulders.   

"Whatever the case," He began. "You know I'll always support you." He then grabbed both of George's hands and stared at him excitedly. "But he does seem very fond of you!" George rolled his eyes. 

"Yes, very." George said sarcastically and they both walked to the front of the shop, where another man was waiting for them, while making a coffee for a customer. When he caught sight of the two, he waved. 

"Hullo, George!" He said, waving. It was Karl.

George waved back. He looked at the order, and realised it wasn't coffee at all, but tea. "Callahan's?" He asked. 

The other nodded. "He always gets the same thing." When he was done, he walked over to a table with a short, brown haired and brown hooded boy. 

George's eyes trailed over to Dream's table, and he saw the dirty-blonde was writing something on his notebook. Possibly homework. Bad followed his gaze and smiled at him. The brunette would never know how much he was proud of him. 

Then Karl came back. "So, how're you George? You look less tired today." Yet again another person who knew.  

"I feel less tired." The brunette mumbled, looking back at Karl. 

"Why's that?" 

George shrugged. "Dunno." 

"George's made a new friend!" Bad said. George rolled his eyes. 

"Oooo, mr. mushroom's finally leaving the burrow!" 

The brunette scoffed. Karl hap nicknames for everybody, and seemed to really, really, like calling George 'mr.mushroom'. He and Bad had even made a story about him, 'mr.mushroom' living in a burrow and never leaving. 

"You two really like sticking that in, don't you?" George looked back at them, his face darkening. 

Karl grinned at him, and looked around the cafe. "Who is this fellow traveler that decided to visit mr. mushroom?" Bad giggled. 

George chuckled and looked away. These guys were ridiculous. 

To his horror, he heard a tap in the counter and saw Dream standing there. Karl and Bad gave each-other a look, and walked towards the blonde. "Hello, welcome to coffee emporium. May I take you're order?"