22 II Friend

Time ticked onwards, the brunette's eyes glued to the clock. Everyone scribbled down whatever they had to do that day, chatter erupting from them, and George being the student he was, was already done. This teacher they were with was more laid back, and after they finished work, they were allowed to do whatever they wanted in the walls of the classroom. 

People around him chatted and chatted like they're lives depended on it. George just wished they could go, he itched to go to work and just talk to Bad, Karl even, about anything and everything in existence. 

"Excuse me?" George turned his head and saw a short girl infront of him. Her raven hair fell on her shoulders, and she smiled down at him as if she was the sun in the day's sky. "I'm maya."

George nodded to her. "George." 

"I've heard a lot about you. You're friend's with the disabled kid, right?" George rolled his eyes, trailing them back to the clock. "He's not disabled. Why?" 

She just shrugged. "Sorry. I just wanted to make sure." She followed his gaze, and then the two looked at the clock together. "What are you waiting for?" 

"Work." 

She turned to him, laughing. "You're excited for work?" 

He nodded, and watched as the time ticked. Maya nodded and smiled down at him, playing with her hands behind her back. "I- I heard you could play the violin." 

He glanced back at her, then slowly back to the clock. "Who told you that?" 

"No I- I just saw you playing in the soccer field and wanted to ask-" She paused, looking down at him. He was truly listening, but his eyes wouldn't leave the clock. He sighed eternally, he aught to be nice, she was struggling with her words. He looked up at her giving her respect. 

"I just wanted to ask if you wanted to play on the show we're having in a few weeks. It's a talent show, and I think it would be cool if you play in it." Maya said, her eyes looking to the floor. 

"Talent show?" He placed his chin on his hand, and her eyes glanced back at him. She seemed a lot more confident now.

"Yeah! We're hosting one in exactly three weeks! You played so beautifully then, you have a lot of talent." She smiled. George smiled back at her. 

"Thanks." The brunette said, his eyes glancing back at the clock then to her. 

"So what do you say? Practice is tomorrow, after school till 6:00 PM." 

What should he say? She was so happy to ask him, but his thoughts swarmed in his head. All he wanted to do, in truth, was sit in the cafe and sip his favourite tea. He wanted to think about this more later. "Er- I'll think about it," He said, and saw the hurt look on her face. Soon, she bundled up all the joy she had left and nodded. "Okay," 

"Where can I find you if I join?" 

This seemed to brighten her. "In the drama room." The bell rang, and everyone started to get up. She looked up and nodded to George. "See you around." 

George nodded back and pulled his bag over his back. He walked down the hallways, and waited outside the building for Dream. The blond came sooner or later, and they both began to walk down the path to the cafe. 

Wait. George paused and looked up at Dream. The blond picked his arm, and put the blue bracelet around his wrist. The brunette picked it up to inspect it, and smiled. What's this? 

Just something I made in French. Blue's your favourite color, that's what you said. 

George breathed a laugh and looked down at the blond's wrist. You have one too? What did you do in that class? 

Well, I had two strings and just made them.

The brunette smiled. I love it. 

The blonde grinned at him and the two began to talk about whatever they wanted as they walked down the lane to the quiet coffee shop. 

-----------------

shut up and dance - walk the moon :  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bob1KzjYQA

woah, holy crap, 500 READS

this is the greatest

what's you're guys's favourite song? 

- twig