9 II The results

The next week Dream was ecstatic. 

He had been excited all day. Well- since George had last seen him. He only had first period with the boy, but he knew that he was buzzing with happiness head to toe. The results were about to be out. George honestly didn't see why his friend cared so much.

When George had seen him at lunch, he was smiling wide. If he could speak, the brunette knew he would yell out his name and tell him all about the day. Not that he couldn't speak. He just chose not to, George guessed.

He never asked about his friend's disability. It just felt- strange, to him.

At lunch break, Dream practically raced towards the billboard. George was caught off guard as the boy started running. The blonde suddenly stopped, and turned to the brunette. George didn't understand why he stopped, until Dream reached out for his hand and ran. 

There, inter-wined with his friend's hand, he felt his heart skip a beat. His hands were bigger and for warmer, protecting the brunette from nothing. He felt safe. The brunette had a face full of blush as he stared at the two hands. Then the blonde stopped in-front of a crowd full of people, and George shook his head. 

He was being silly. He couldn't have those feelings. 

They all seemed to be humming to one another, like birds chatting on a summer's day. Dream stared down at George and grinned, hands still intertwined. A person in the crowd turn to look at them, and he smirked, his brows furrowing. "Ew, dirty queers! Get out of my sight!" And he turned to leave. 

George looked to where he last was and blinked. People thought they were- what? Dream tapped his shoulder and George looked at him. They're hands were intertwined no more.

What did he say? He signed.

George shook his head. Nothing. It doesn't matter. 

Dream looked back at him with a tipped gaze, not believing what he said but not commenting on it. At-last, the crowd began to clear, some looking sore and hurt, and others turning to glare at Dream. Some even flipped him off.  

Dream walked towards the list and read it, his face becoming gradually more excited. George looked up at him, and saw Dream grin at him. The way he always did. 

I got in! He signed. 

George grinned back up at him and clapped. Dream wheezed at him and looked back at the poster, smiling. He looked more sadder now, more sadder yet he still smiled. He looked like he longed for something, like he was proud of something he didn't have. A raven haired boy walked up to them and held his hand out for the blonde to fist bump. "Hey, Congrats on joining the team, blondy! Practice is on Wednesday's and friday's, you better be there tomorrow." He said sarcastically then turned to George. "Tell him what I said, okay?"  And with a lasting grin, he ran away. 

George watched him leave, staring at the corridor with a tipped head as to how the situation had happened so fast, but turned to the blonde when he felt a tap on his shoulder. What did he say? 

He congratulated you on joining the team and said practice is on Wednesday's and friday's. 

The blonde nodded and grinned, looking back at the place Sapnap had last been seen. Can you- He then stopped, and looked back down at the brunette, trying to hide the worry in his emerald eyes. George looked up at him. What do you want me to do? 

It's nothing, you have work.

I don't have work on Wednesday's.

Dream's eyes widened in surprise. Could you- He paused. Could you come to practice with me?  He quickly added; You don't have to play, you can just sit on the bleachers. If you want.

George paused for a second. His mother would be furious with him. She would never forgive him, she would become a wall of fire and yell at the brunette until her lungs grew sore. Just like she had before. Sure, it was George that started this, but his mother only seemed to push him. Once, when he was tired beyond relief, and he had an important test that day, when he came home with an A- his mother yelled at him. 

That's when she restricted him to only go to school and work. Nowhere else. 

He shook his head. He couldn't relive those memories. But he couldn't let his friend down- could he? His friend looked down at him with hopefulness sparking in his eyes. He couldn't let him down. But he couldn't do anything about his mother. 

Quickly, he signed. I'll ask my mother. 

Dream nodded, and left it at that. 

---------------

Somewhere only we know - Keane (cover) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsM5o4IxP98

I won't tell you how many times I had to rewrite this. Let me tell you, it wasn't pretty. Honestly, I really liked writing Bad and Karl into this story, I think they're pretty important. I don't know, I like they're personalities.

Also, somewhere only we know is such a classic song. Sitting in a treehouse, a wooden roof above you pittering and pattering as rain fell. Three boys, all looking over the tallest's shoulder as he scribbled words into a notebook, fair lights shining above them in the gloomy day. No worry was held in the air, as everyone knew where they were.

Sometimes a brunette would pop by. Sometimes it was only the three. Oh wait, wrong fanfic. 

- Twig