32 II Comfort in the darkest of light

After all they're giggles and conversation (having to migrate to Dream's room because they thought it was better their) they heard a knock on the door and a blond women peek through. 

Dream and Jade smiled at her, the girl waving at her with a grin. The brunette glanced at her and smiled worryingly, hoping that she didn't mind his presence. 

Dinner's ready. She signed, and the three got up and walked downstairs. Jade was the first to arrive, and the other two just sat down and began to eat. 

The lady smiled at them, as if she was losing something she had tucked safe into her grip. What's your name? She asked him. 

George. He answered, playing with his food. 

That's a nice name. She said with a smile. 

The trio finished they're food, and went upstairs. The moon rose higher in the sky, and soon jade bid them a farewell for the night. Dream opened the door to his room and led the brunette boy inside. 

The blond moved the brunette's bag from the floor to his bed, and walked to his closet, taking out a blanket and laying it onto the floor. George was more then surprised and ushered over to Dream, grasping on his arm to get his attention. 

I'll sleep on the floor it's fine. He signed, but Dream shook his head with a smile. 

I'm not letting you sleep on the floor. Just then, a small form emerged from the door and into the room. Dream was quick to pick it up and show her to George. 

Her name is p-a-t-c-h-e-s. The blond placed her on the bed and stroked her. George smiled at it, timidly, wanting to reach out and pet it but feeling as if there were wires tied around his neck. Dream grinned at him and put her on his lap. 

George sat down next to him and gazed at her. The blond looked at him and placed a hand on his, pulling it towards the cat and resting it on her fur. The brunette slowly pet her and the cat perked up, gazing up at him with moon-like eyes. 

Dream grinned at him. She likes you! Told you so.

The brunette rolled his eyes, gazed down at the cat and started petting her slowly. Soft purrs erupted from the feline, and George couldn't feel more loved. Dream grinned beside him, looking at the cat with wide eyes. 

He suddenly got up, The brunette's eyes following him as he grabbed a couple blankets and pillows from his wardrobe and placed them on the floor. George wanted to get up and tell him to stop but the cat in his lap wouldn't let him. 

When Dream was finished setting up he looked at George and grinned. You can't get up because of her. 

George rolled his eyes. Evil doer. The blond wheezed and scratched the cat behind her ears. She suddenly got up and left the room, leaving the two to watch her. 

The brunette suddenly got up. I'm sleeping on the floor. With that, he rushed to the floor but was soon pulled back by the waist from the other. He tried to pull away but the blond picked him up and led him to the bed. 

George tried to leave the bed but the blond wouldn't let him. Then, soaked in failure, he sighed and crossed his arms. They both got ready for the night, and settled down, the brunette still salty about the sleep situation. 

As he began to doze off, he rested his head on the soft pillow and all his worries washed away, as all he thought about was what the next day would bring. 

--------------

Shuffling. That's what woke him up. The second he heard it he shot right up, and looked around in the dark eery light. For a moment he thought he was in his room but when darkness met him, he was proved wrong. 

Shuffling. Again. Something was wrong. George pulled the covers off of his body and kept his hand on the bed as he strode a few steps ahead where he remembered Dream slept. 

Shuffling. It was defiantly coming from him. George keeled down next to the figure, the moon his only source of light. Was he having a nightmare? He was never good with things like these. 

The blonde tossed and turned endlessly. George hummed to himself. Nightmare. 

Probably about- The brunette shook his head and looked down at him, reaching out a hand to touch his hand and calm him down. Words would do nothing to him. 

The blond fell into the touch, and gripped on his hand so tightly squeezing it. 'That's right', George thought. 'You're alright.' 

Yet, the brunette could sense that something was wrong. It was about him. How a farther could turn into a child's greatest fright, George would never know. Why they would do something so obnoxious, George would never know. He didn't want to know. 

All he did know was that his friend needed him.

The brunette looked down at him and placed Dream's hand on his chest, showing the boy that there was nothing to be afraid of. Dream tugged on him and almost made the brunette fall, but the boy caught himself. 

He looked towards the form and found he was so close to the blond's face. He quickly backed away, hands still intertwined. Yet the blond mumbled and George fought with his mind on what he should do. 

Finally he sighed and crawled over to the dirty-blond's side, pulling the blanket on the both of them and turning to his side away from Dream. 

Arms wrapped around him and pulled him back, George drawing in a breath thinking he was being sucked away into nothingness before realising it was just his friend. He sighed, a smile on his felt. 

If a gun was pointed to his head, and he was asked wether he enjoyed this or not, he would say he just felt safe. Safe in the arms of the boy he called his friend. 

Slowly but surely, George began to fall asleep once again. 

-------------------

strawberry blond - Mitski : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Jjwc4h4tJc

GUYS SO MUCH IS HAPPENING 

Thank you all so much it means the world to me that you decided to read, I'm sorry for the misspelled words and weird characterization, you guys mean the world to me <3

I hope you all are having a wonderful day!

-twig