16 II Broken Records

Dream tugged at his hand, as they both walked down a small pathway. George looked down at they're hands reluctantly, the two hands intertwined with one another. It made him feel nervous, as if he was breaking a law that didn't exist. 

He looked up at Dream, who had a big grin on his face. He only looked forward, walking to wherever it was that they were going, which Dream had yet to tell him. 

George knew there's no point in fighting against the blonde, or trying to get the destination out of him, because he wouldn't sign a single word.

They made there way down the path, through another road full of houses and then they stopped at one. They were going to his house? George looked back up at Dream, in confusion and in fear. 

But it was no matter because the blonde had already opened the door. 

What met him was the sight of a lady who looked a lot like Dream. Must've been his mother, then. Dream waved at her and then signed, Hi mom, can he stay over for a bit? I have to show him something.

George looked to him then to her and waved, trying his best to hide his fear. "Hello ma'am," He greeted. His mother laughed at him, a sort of friendly motherly laugh that was filled with bubbly excitement. 

"No need to be so formal dear." She opened her eyes. "You don't happen to be George, do you?" The brunette paused before nodding. So Dream told his mother about him. 

She smiled. A warm, friendly smile he hadn't seen in a long time. "Make yourself at home." George nodded awkwardly and Dream tugged at his hand. "It was nice to meet you, ma'am." George stared up at Dream as he kept tugging his hand and then he felt himself being pulled and his gaze happened to be climbing up the stairs. 

Soon they were above the stairs and Dream walked down a corridor of doors, stopping at one and opening the door. What met him was the sight of Dream's somewhat messy room. 

It seemed messy in the sense that everything was pushed together yet they seemed to be in they're own groups of items. Dream closed the door, and ran to one of his shelves, pulling out something and then turning to sit on the floor in the middle of his room. He beckoned George over and he was only left to sit down across from him. 

Inside the box were about records 10 or 11 records, all jumbled together. George looked down at them and tipped his head. Why would dream want to show him those?

When he looked up again he felt Dream's stare fall upon him and he got up and came back with a record player. These are my sister's, she said I could have them if I wanted to. 

George stared at him. Why would you want old records?

He shrugged, and looked back down at them. He pulled one out and handed it to George, which he took it and studied it. Unchained Melody, righteous brothers. Of-course. They were old songs. But why would he want them if he couldn't listen to them? 

Don't the names sound interesting? Like that one! Unchained Melody. 

George nodded. So he only found the titles interesting. He just realised how sad this whole situation was. Why do you have a record player then? 

He shrugged. My mother used to have it, and she used to play them in the morning and then she would sing them while she got ready for the day. But now she doesn't use them anymore. So I asked if I could have them and she said yes. 

The brunette nodded while simultaneously feeling some sort of guilt crawl at his stomach. The blonde looked up at him. Would you like to listen to one? 

George looked to the blonde and nodded. Have you looked up the lyrics before? 

The blonde shook his head. They don't make sense. 

Let me listen to them, then I'll explain it to you. Idiot.

Dream placed the record into the record player and watched as George listened to the music. It was long, and drawn out, singing stories of a person drawn away from they're other by none other then time. Time can do so much, they said. At one point, The brunette lost in his thoughts mind you, he heard a thump on the carpet and saw that the blonde had fell to his back and stared up at the walls. His eyes were closed and he looked to be comfortable. 

George breathed a laugh and he too settled down on his back, and stared up at his friend's ceiling. The two boys, one who listened and the other who waited, sat lied on the floor where they were met with comfortable silence. 

When the song had ended, George sat up and looked to the other. Unsure, and realising he had nothing to loose, he shuffled closer to him (at his side) and stared down at him. He looked so comfortable, siting with his hands tied together on his chest and he looked at rest. He looked peaceful. 

One strand of his dirty blonde locks fell infront of his eyes, and George felt his hand shift to push the strand aside. But just then he saw the blonde's emerald eyes open and gaze at him, and he stumbled back. 

The blonde wheezed at him as he sat up and shuffled over to sit infront of the startled brunette. 

Aw, did I scare you? The blonde grinned. 

Yeah, don't do that ever again. He sighed. please.  

The blonde only giggled and stared at the brunette. What was the song about?

The brunette had completely forgotten about that bit, if he was completely honest. So he just signed Time. 

The other looked at him dubiously. Time?

Yeah. Time drifting two people apart. 

We already know about that part. Dream's hand found it's way on the brunette's hair as the brunette started to explain what it was about in proper detail. But the blonde was too busy admiring the brunette to even pay attention. That's when the boy turned to him and he paused, his hands lost in his hair. Did you just invite me so you could play with my hair?

The blonde nodded and then saw George push him playfully. Idiot. He sighed, when Dream was wheezing on the floor. 

Hey! Take that back! The blonde giggled. 

I'll half take it back. 

The blonde grabbed the brunette by the shoulders and stared at him. Take it all back. Or else. 

Or else what? 

He hugged the brunette and placed his head in his hair and sent them rolling on the floor. The brunette was trying to push out of the grip while not trying to laugh, but failing miserably. Soon, the laughter died out, and they just sat there, comfortable in each-other's arms.

I'm sorry. The blonde signed, and pulled away from the brunette, helping him stand. The brunette found himself feeling a cold among his body. He took the hand of his friend and decided to forget. 

-----------------  

meteor shower - cavetown : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZfj-Lhnrb4

congrats on 10 mill gogy 

and merry almost christmas everyone

how're we feeling?

- twig