27 II Perfect friend

The entire rest of the day George thought about that comment. He was, he was pretty? He looked pretty that day? Jesus Christ, nobody had ever told him that. 

He was such a furious mess that even Bad had noticed his looks and asked if there was anything wrong. George, being the person he was, said he was fine. But Bad knew he was lying, it took a lot to fool him. 

Karl and Sapnap were talking quite a bit now, they're relationship growing. In all honesty, George hadn't been talking to the short brunette boy as much as before because of Sapnap. 

Ah, whatever, the brit was just so happy for his friend.

The next day, George felt quite weird around Dream and didn't know how to start a conversation. Usually he could just- do it, and have no trouble speaking but now it was just, strange. Weirdly strange. 

He was able to understand the works of Shakespeare and analyse whatever he had written in his plays and yet he could not understand the reasoning why it was so hard to talk to his friend.

In lunch, when Dream had bid him farewell to go and speak with Sapnap, George waddled over to the library and sat down with a sigh. He had so much to think about. 

It didn't help he had these feelings, school, work and the show.

Maya had spoken in depth about it, what they were planning and how it would be executed. She said they had needed more members to put it all together, and they would invite people to perform they're talents. A show. A talent show. 

And George had told them he would play the violin for it. 

How he had gotten himself into it, he would never know, but when he suggested it as a joke Maya thought he was serious and was so happy about it, he didn't want to take it away from her and potentially upset her. So he said nothing. 

And now, on Friday, they would talk about what song he would preform.

They pushed the date of the show, because they needed to sort everything out first, so that was good news. But playing infront of the entire school? That was so much pressure on one human.

Everyone watching your every moment.
All eyes on you.
Watching you until you make a mistake. 

It scared the poor lad. He could play infront of his friends, sure. But the school? He didn't know.

When he was deep in thought, he hadn't even noticed that a tall figure had emerged and sat down next to him. George turned his gaze and saw Dream next to him. The smily being just smiled at him and looked down at the book. 

What're you reading? He asked. 

George looked down at it. He had forgotten it was even there. I don't know. I haven't really been paying attention too it. Too many thoughts. 

What thoughts? I've heard it's better to talk to someone about them, then you'll feel better in the end. 

Suddenly it was so easy to talk to him again. I told one of my friends I would play violin for they're show. Dream's eyes brightened, and he clapped. 

That's so cool, it sounds like fun! The dirty-blond signed. 

George shrugged. I suppose. I'm just scared. Everyone's going to be watching me. 

Don't think about them. Think about your favourite thing, and pretend they're not there. 

George stifled a breath turned into a laugh. That's better said then done. 

Dream tipped his head. I suppose. But practice takes perfect, as they say. And your already perfect, so there's no need to worry. 

A blush gradually developed on the brunette boy's cheeks. He turned to the blond, who was just giggling at him. Oh, shut up, stop messing with me. 

But it's true though. 

You think I'm perfect? 

The blond nodded and the brunette was just left to sit there, his gaze flickering anywhere else then him. It's the things you say, seriously. 

Dream dropped his head on the desk, gazing at the brunette boy. But what I say is true, you can't deny. I think your the greatest friend I've made in a long while. Besides Sapnap, of-course.

The brunette let out a laugh. Really now? 

Dream nodded, his chin hitting the desk. 

The butterflies gradually grew in his stomach as they talked. 

-------------------

are you satisfied - MARINA and the diamonds :  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R88PFD6prq0

GUYS GUYS GUYS!

11th IN GREAM! WHAT?!
This has to be some sort of joke, how can my silly little story be 11th?
Thank you all, you guys have been the greatest! Thank you so much for reading, voting, commenting, everything! It means the world to me that one would sit down and read this silly little story, thank you!

-twig